• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

Getting nervous about Soroka.

He's basically done for the year from what I've read and heard. Viz is also 50/50 at best on whether he'll make it back. Still several weeks from throwing. It was time to make a move a month ago for a pitcher. We are lucky as hell to still be where we are in the standings. Get it done AA.

Will be interesting to see which way AA goes in the next six days. Has said he doesn't want to get any rentals and believes that we have enough money from Liberty to get a starter, two relievers, and a bat.

I really hope they make some moves, this season has been so much fun. I know we are ahead of schedule, but I would rather spend some money and take some chances on this team. The chemistry is there, the players play for each other, and they don't give up. Go get some pitchers and this team could easily still make a playoff run. If they don't bring some arms in then they may as well just tank the rest of the season.

Welcome back Johnny Venters! Probably won't help much but we didn't give up any prospects and international slots are basically useless to us at the moment.

The decision to move A+ to the Florida State League has not been a good one. Every single day I check the box and they are postponed due to weather.

Welcome back Johnny Venters! Probably won't help much but we didn't give up any prospects and international slots are basically useless to us at the moment.

Better than Freeman.

I’m okay staying put during the deadline. Too many holes to fill to make a deep playoff run IMO.

I mean if you are a Braves fan and a Wake Forest fan too; you knew what was going to happen.

Never doubted for a second. Picked up game in fifth. Watched the rest of the way knowing exactly what was going to happen.

Back