• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

I've always hated replay in baseball. Well most sports but especially baseball. Clearly doesn't work. Slows game down. Just play baseball. Also get rid of stupid pitch box thing. Ruins the game.

Viz can't throw his slider for a strike and everybody is sitting fastball.

I've always hated replay in baseball. Well most sports but especially baseball. Clearly doesn't work. Slows game down. Just play baseball. Also get rid of stupid pitch box thing. Ruins the game.

Just use it for home run/not a home run, fair/foul. These bang bang plays at bases are making everyone look bad. I saw one on Sunday night baseball a few weeks ago that was clear as day but no overturn.

I don't want to get rid of replay, I just want them to get the call right when it is obvious to every single person who watches the replay. That was absurd. And then not to be able to review the very next play, which also was obviously wrong...sweet baby Jeebus that was terrible. Who knows what would have happened that inning if those plays had been called correctly.

One fun thing though is that I thought Joe Simpson was going to maybe drop an f-bomb on air. He was fired up.

I don't want to get rid of replay, I just want them to get the call right when it is obvious to every single person who watches the replay. That was absurd. And then not to be able to review the very next play, which also was obviously wrong...sweet baby Jeebus that was terrible. Who knows what would have happened that inning if those plays had been called correctly.

One fun thing though is that I thought Joe Simpson was going to maybe drop an f-bomb on air. He was fired up.

Pretty sure he bit his tongue to keep from saying "BULLSHIT!"

These Acuna and Albies kids might be alright. Good to see McCarthy and Viz back to form.

Young two dudes at the top of the order are so much fun. Starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise. Hope they keep it up

Looking for some help planning a client trip to a Braves game in a couple weeks. Most everyone will be arriving in Atlanta around 3:00 for a 7:30 game. Four married couples in their mid-30s. Thoughts on good places to drink and eat before the game? I'm assuming we will need to stay in an area close to the stadium before the game for traffic reasons and stay in a hotel near the stadium as well, but am open to any suggestions.

Looking for some help planning a client trip to a Braves game in a couple weeks. Most everyone will be arriving in Atlanta around 3:00 for a 7:30 game. Four married couples in their mid-30s. Thoughts on good places to drink and eat before the game? I'm assuming we will need to stay in an area close to the stadium before the game for traffic reasons and stay in a hotel near the stadium as well, but am open to any suggestions.

There are plenty of great spots at the Battery right at the stadium. Stay at the Omni at the Battery.

http://batteryatl.com/

The Bautista experiment ends. He has been released. Camargo named every day third baseman.

I hope they stop acting like we need a 3b. We don't. Camargo at 3rd is money.

We could use more infield depth. Culberson is still on the roster. I'd rather shop in the Beltre, Moose, Lowrie bin than Machado or Donaldson given acquisition cost.

We have Riley who could come up this year also. I don't think any of those players are cheap enough to validate shipping off legit farm players.

Back