• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Parker has passed

Fun player to watch- one of our "undersized" players with a great heart and desire to excel who did just that.

He was a good one on an exciting team that went to the Tangerine Bowl. (beat Georgia and Auburn that year)
Thanks for the 2nd link - my views on WSJ blocked at present.

Oh wow. Very sorry to hear this.
He was one of my all time favorite Deacs. What an inspiration.

Sad news to lose another of the Deacon family. Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP, James.

The man was a terrific player. Went 110% every down. He was a major reason for Wake's success in the Tangerine season. Hate to hear of his death.

No. While nikita was a great player, he was 50% of Parker. Better way to say it is Nikita was the James Parker of the 2010's.

I just remember that this little guy had such a big number (77). I remember that he took a clump of turf from the field at Sanford stadium after the victory at UGa. RIP.

I just remember that this little guy had such a big number (77). I remember that he took a clump of turf from the field at Sanford stadium after the victory at UGa. RIP.

I remember that. He was on his hands and knees on the field after the game.
Someone came up to ask if he was ok. He was actually stuffing grass in his socks to take with him as a souvenir.

Remember listening to the Georgia game on the radio. It was Parker on defense, and McDougald on offense. Seems like Parker's playing weight was listed as 217. Pretty small for a nose guard. One of the pre season football mags (probably Street & Smith) in their scant coverage of WFU, did refer to him as "cat quick James Parker".

Last edited:
Back