• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ralph Peters: Why I left Fox News

The view from 2018 is rather different. The GOP finds itself in the throes of a populist convulsion, an ironic product of the fact that the party that long banqueted on resentment of the media now is utterly dominated by the alternative media constructed by its own most dedicated partisans. It is Sean Hannity’s party now.

That's a feature not a bug.

He nailed it with this line: "But “libertarian” often means little more than “a person with right-leaning sensibilities who is embarrassed to be associated with the Republican Party.” (Hardly, these days, an indefensible position.)

And he showed he's in that camp too with his lame, "But Democrats suck too" bit at the end that you quoted. He uses one op-ed by one senator from three years ago making points I've never seen other Dems make to claim that Democrats aren't "clever" enough to attract Libertarians.

Don't forget the 2014 Gawker post.

He complained how "ironic" it was that the Republican party has been taken over by nutjobs then throws in "Dems want to jail climate skeptics!" at the end.

2014 Gawker post?

It looks like one long link to the op-ed you discussed, but the word "jail" is linked to this Gawker post. I assume to justify the accusation that Dems want to jail people, since that's not in the op-ed.

This entire interview with Peters might be the best takedown of Trumpism I’ve seen yet. Will try to find the full interview. Also mad props for working in a velvet underground reference.

That’s been the Republican message to poor white people since at least Reagan.

Ralph Peters Trashes Trump: 'Draft Dodger, Fiscal Coward'

Retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters trashed President Donald Trump during a TV appearance Tuesday night, calling him a "draft dodger," "physical coward," and "disgraceful."

Peters was on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" and was asked about Trump's most recent disparaging remarks about the late Sen. John McCain, who died last August after a battle with brain cancer. The comments have resulted in a firestorm of pushback and defense of McCain from all sides.

"John McCain was, and in our hearts remains, the man Trump could never be. And Trump knows it. It's a classic case of male fears of an inadequacy," Peters said. "It goes along perfectly with his lifelong obsession with having a woman on his arm to look like teenage boys' fantasies. He wants to show us all how tough he is. But he's not tough. He's a draft dodger and he appears to be a fiscal coward with a big mouth."

Peters continued later during the interview, "Look, Trump is just shameful. He is obscene. He is disgraceful. Pick your adjective."

He added that Trump "never did anything for this country" and alleged that he "was elected apparently with the help of a hostile power."

Peters concluded his remarks on the Trump-McCain feud by saying Trump's "jealousy" toward the late senator, war hero, and POW could result in the United States getting into an unnecessary war.

"If there is a quality, an emotion, that will ruin lives and start wars, it is jealousy. And Trump appears to me to be consumed by it."

Read Newsmax: Ralph Peters Trashes Trump: 'Draft Dodger, Fiscal Coward'
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trump’s job performance? Vote Here Now!

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/a...-twitter&year=2019&month=03&date=19&id=907771

Back