• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

If you sign a two-way contract.

There are 57 two-way contracts right now, per gleague.nba.com.

It's apparently hard to find the total # of G League players without counting rosters, so I eyeballed about 12 players on an average roster, then multiplied that by the number of teams (26). That gets us roughly 312 players or so in the G League?

57/312 = 0.183

So roughly 82 percent of G Leaguers are getting paid either $19,500 or $26,000.

Factoring in room and board and the stipends that athletes receive; ignoring the value of a free education, college players receive about the same (and for the most part they are not playing in s-hole cities and arenas).

If you sign a two-way contract.

There are 57 two-way contracts right now, per gleague.nba.com.

It's apparently hard to find the total # of G League players without counting rosters, so I eyeballed about 12 players on an average roster, then multiplied that by the number of teams (26). That gets us roughly 312 players or so in the G League?

57/312 = 0.183

So roughly 82 percent of G Leaguers are getting paid either $19,500 or $26,000.

All I was talking was those on two-way contracts.

Neither Crawford or Doral are receiving a two way contract. Those guys have a chance at being called up.

you said this:

"$75,000 is if you sign a two-way with a NBA team."

Then i directly responded to that.

It's the only way that number is mentioned.

Last edited:
No one at Wake has to take a literature course in a foreign language. A student has to take one literature course which can be in English or a foreign language in translation. Students also have to complete one 200 level foreign language course. If a student starts a foreign language at the beginning level, that means taking four foreign language classes. Yes that is challenging for many students, not just athletes. It is probably the most disliked course requirement at WFU.

As for surviving in a foreign country, all you really need to start is English and some basic words and phrases. The hard thing is adjusting to a foreign culture and the isolation of living in a foreign country. Some people are good at that (R. Childress obviously was) and some people can't survive a week in another country.

I have been to about 15 different European countries and have never had a problem getting along speaking English. My son worked for the State Department in Vienna back in 2011, taking a semester off from school & was minoring in German and was really hoping to be able to speak it over there as he could write it & read it very well. They all spoke English everywhere. A group of us was on Rhine River cruise, the only 6 Americans with a bunch of Germans, Scots & Englishmen and everybody spoke English although the cruise director did give double instructors sometime in both English & German. The same group of us are going on a Baltic Cruise next month, starting in Copenhagen and with Berlin, St Petersburg, Estonia, Finland & Stockholm as destinations and I will say that English will again be the language of choice for most.

I have been to about 15 different European countries and have never had a problem getting along speaking English. My son worked for the State Department in Vienna back in 2011, taking a semester off from school & was minoring in German and was really hoping to be able to speak it over there as he could write it & read it very well. They all spoke English everywhere. A group of us was on Rhine River cruise, the only 6 Americans with a bunch of Germans, Scots & Englishmen and everybody spoke English although the cruise director did give double instructors sometime in both English & German. The same group of us are going on a Baltic Cruise next month, starting in Copenhagen and with Berlin, St Petersburg, Estonia, Finland & Stockholm as destinations and I will say that English will again be the language of choice for most.

I've had similar experiences, but there is a big difference between being a tourist and actually living in a foreign country for any extended period of time. Europeans who work in the tourist industry all speak English. It's a job requirement. And people who work for the State Department and take river cruises tend to be more educated people, most of whom speak English as well.

Try relying only on English in a local grocery store, on a city bus, or at a gas station if you have car problems. And it's a bigger problem in southern Europe than it is in Germanic-speaking countries. And an even larger problem in Asian countries. I've eaten at many restaurants in China and Japan where none of the staff speak English and there is no English on the menus. Just local script and pictures. Anyone who actually lives overseas and doesn't at least learn some of the basics of the language is lazy.

No one at Wake has to take a literature course in a foreign language. A student has to take one literature course which can be in English or a foreign language in translation. Students also have to complete one 200 level foreign language course. If a student starts a foreign language at the beginning level, that means taking four foreign language classes. Yes that is challenging for many students, not just athletes. It is probably the most disliked course requirement at WFU.

As for surviving in a foreign country, all you really need to start is English and some basic words and phrases. The hard thing is adjusting to a foreign culture and the isolation of living in a foreign country. Some people are good at that (R. Childress obviously was) and some people can't survive a week in another country.

I think the point still is valid, having to learn another language would be a benefit to someone that is going to live overseas.

Good luck with English as the language of choice in Russia, in fact good luck reading anything in the Cyrillic alphabet, but you'll mostly be taken to tourist spots etc and not need it. We've all seen the places these guys get to play especially the lower level players and they are in Russia, Turkey, China etc. Germany would not be my choice for making the point that English is spoken in most places, try Spain, get outside Madrid and Barcelona and the locals speak little English compared to the rest of Europe.

I've had similar experiences, but there is a big difference between being a tourist and actually living in a foreign country for any extended period of time. Europeans who work in the tourist industry all speak English. It's a job requirement. And people who work for the State Department and take river cruises tend to be more educated people, most of whom speak English as well.

Try relying only on English in a local grocery store, on a city bus, or at a gas station if you have car problems. And it's a bigger problem in southern Europe than it is in Germanic-speaking countries. And an even larger problem in Asian countries. I've eaten at many restaurants in China and Japan where none of the staff speak English and there is no English on the menus. Just local script and pictures. Anyone who actually lives overseas and doesn't at least learn some of the basics of the language is lazy.

Even in Naples, which isn’t exactly provincial, we went to restaurants with no English menus or speakers (in a relatively tourist area too). Obviously you can get by for a few days with google translate but it would be a frustrating to live that way.

Even in Naples, which isn’t exactly provincial, we went to restaurants with no English menus or speakers (in a relatively tourist area too). Obviously you can get by for a few days with google translate but it would be a frustrating to live that way.

Italians and Spain are pretty insistent on speaking their own language. Germans less so. I have also found the Brits are pretty good at speaking English. But go to Poland and forget about it. The Nordic countries are essentially good at speaking English because they never expect you to know Finnish or Swedish or Dutch. But Italy, Spain? They will only begrudgingly speak English. Greece, I cannot remember. Turkey may be the best of those four countries at being able to speak English. That may be a surprise to many, but they have to sell rugs in English, Russian, Chinese etc. and damn if they cannot speak a little bit of all, but English the longest.

Other jerseys in rafters to come from.
Anyone want to take a stab at what this means. Does anyone speak fluent RJ?
Hmmmm...ever think that might be just for 09?
I guess 09 speaks RJ. Is there a course available or something?
I'll admit I'm stumped. Here are some guesses:

1) "Other jerseys in the rafters to *choose* from"
[Not sure what it means, but "choose" is a common autocorrect for "come"]

2) "Other jerseys in the rafters to come *down*"
[Also, a sensible autocorrect, jerseys coming down from the rafters is a possible follow up to the boards' "Daniel Green: Hang it" joke because several posters have recently suggested with some seriousness that we take down CP3's retired number. This would be a decent joke]

3) RJ may have left out a word: "Other jerseys in the rafters to come from _____."
[Not sure this one is very plausible because the full stop is pretty clear and RJ usually only leaves out verbs in sentences where they are syntactically foregrounded. Not sure what that's called linguistically.]

Ok, RJ, I give up! Which is it? Or can you backform an entirely different explanation in retrospect?

I left out word(s) just so that you (09) could feel good about yourself as you correct me. I am doing it as a public service on your behalf. I want you to continually buttress your feelings of self-worth by being able to correct others.

I am looking after your happiness and will continue this effort.

You're welcome.

Back