• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

As of today, this is true. However, Adam Silver is trying to make some changes.

Yeah. It’s a temp agency that fills a specific niche for the NBA. I’m glad they’ve invested in it. But I think it is not ideal if the NBA is encouraging high school and college players to leave early for G League contracts.

The G League without being drafted is the worst possible choice. They wouldn't get a degree. They would be lowest on the totem pole for minutes and attention. It would be a really stupid idea for $19-26,000.

It might be more attractive to our guys than "Wake Forest Hell", which is how it seems like they're viewing it.

By being 2 of the 150 guys putting their name in draft w/o an agent? You interpret that as them viewing playing at Wake as hell?

Not just them. The team as a whole. But it's really premature to say I suppose. If they stay in then that might be more accurate.

So we are just going to make stuff up now I guess. Debbie downer crew is embarrassing themselves as of late.

Why would you want to go the the G-league making $30k this year when you could still do that next year while also having a WF degree in your back pocket...just saying

ESPN posted their top 100 prospects for the draft. Doral and Crawford NOT in the top 100. If either of them stay in they are not getting picked. Will be a waste when they could stay here and develop for one more year.

Not only did they not make the Top 100 list (which we knew from previous versions of the list), but they didn’t even get a mention on the list of “Outside the Top 100, but Testing the Waters”

I’m sure that’s just an oversight that will be corrected, but damn.

Gary Trent Jr. entering draft and signing with an agent. Excellent. Duval already went, as did Bagley. Just need Carter to declare the inevitable, and Duke will have lost their top 5 players.

I was actually hoping a few guys stuck around, because it would have created a logjam at Duke that would likely have been a disaster in terms of chemistry.

Its one thing to leave school early for guaranteed millions. It is another to leave for $30K with limited prospects for advancing.

Its one thing to leave school early for guaranteed millions. It is another to leave for $30K with limited prospects for advancing.

There are plenty of college kids who could quit college for that.

Funny, but I have yet to see any tweet that they entered draft from a third party. I imagine many don’t even realize they entered. Reality is 60 kids get combine invites & neither one is sniffing that. If you don’t get that invite, but remain in draft, you are always making a poor decision.

Funny, but I have yet to see any tweet that they entered draft from a third party. I imagine many don’t even realize they entered. Reality is 60 kids get combine invites & neither one is sniffing that. If you don’t get that invite, but remain in draft, you are always making a poor decision.
Probably a dumb question, but where are these kids being evaluated by NBA scouts/execs and "going through the process/getting feedback" if they're not invited to the combine? Are there private workouts?

There are plenty of college kids who could quit college for that.

I’m going to go out in a limb and state that the vast majority of kids who drop out of college as juniors to make $26,000 doing a job which offers very little upside are making a poor decision.

Crawford and Moore are coming back and they are going to have a great senior year. Moore needs another year of development and Crawford needs a do over as he put way too much pressure on himself to make the Collins leap in production. As a senior leader of a talented squad he will put up big numbers and we will win.

Mark it down.

Probably a dumb question, but where are these kids being evaluated by NBA scouts/execs and "going through the process" if they're not invited to the combine?

I asked the same question a couple weeks ago. Who is wasting their time to tell them they aren’t a prospect?
Also funny, but no national outlet is even aware they are declaring this link lists everyone & they aren’t on it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23048470/2018-nba-draft-testing

Crawford has to show he can run a team to receive consideration. Moore has to continue to develop his game outside of dunking.

I’m going to go out in a limb and state that the vast majority of kids who drop out of college as juniors to make $26,000 doing a job which offers very little upside are making a poor decision.

Yeah. That’s why so many college kids could do it. It’s not a big deal to make that move.

But we don’t know how agents and pro leagues are hyping up their options.

Yeah. It’s a temp agency that fills a specific niche for the NBA. I’m glad they’ve invested in it. But I think it is not ideal if the NBA is encouraging high school and college players to leave early for G League contracts.

Agree, the 26K max salary is no place to make living or a career and the NBA would do better to probably scrap it.
I saw somewhere that the G-League is not just to prepare for the NBA but also for playing overseas. According to http://www.usbasket.com/Americans-Overseas.asp there have been 6717 US players who have played overseas the last 5 years. Some countries they can make a good living. US players max out at about 100K in Australia, and in the Korean League, they can earn up to 300K.

So we are just going to make stuff up now I guess. Debbie downer crew is embarrassing themselves as of late.

I'm not intending to "make stuff up". This is the take I've been getting from reading the boards, with all the defections. I'm sorry if what my comment reflected wasn't a consensus among a lot of posters.

Back