• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

Consensus among posters means jack squat. You and I have no idea about the status of the locker room, and certainly have no place to call it a living hell. Comments like that are embarrassing. That’s the kind of stuff that make any coaching staff look at a fan base and just shake their head at the stupidity of fans. We can be better than that.

There are legitimate gripes about this staff and our current program. Creating narratives that we have no clue about is not legitimate.

We do know 11-20 with talent enough for a winning season. We do not know all of the reasons why.

We sure as hell know where the problems start. Keeping your head in the sand and saying all is well is not a solution.

Where do the problems start? There are legitimate concerns. No doubt. Manning has to win this year or he should be gone.

But I would like to know the consensus of where the problem STARTS. Since we all know it.

No one at Wake has to take a literature course in a foreign language. A student has to take one literature course which can be in English or a foreign language in translation. Students also have to complete one 200 level foreign language course. If a student starts a foreign language at the beginning level, that means taking four foreign language classes. Yes that is challenging for many students, not just athletes. It is probably the most disliked course requirement at WFU.

As for surviving in a foreign country, all you really need to start is English and some basic words and phrases. The hard thing is adjusting to a foreign culture and the isolation of living in a foreign country. Some people are good at that (R. Childress obviously was) and some people can't survive a week in another country.

I have been to about 15 different European countries and have never had a problem getting along speaking English. My son worked for the State Department in Vienna back in 2011, taking a semester off from school & was minoring in German and was really hoping to be able to speak it over there as he could write it & read it very well. They all spoke English everywhere. A group of us was on Rhine River cruise, the only 6 Americans with a bunch of Germans, Scots & Englishmen and everybody spoke English although the cruise director did give double instructors sometime in both English & German. The same group of us are going on a Baltic Cruise next month, starting in Copenhagen and with Berlin, St Petersburg, Estonia, Finland & Stockholm as destinations and I will say that English will again be the language of choice for most.

Yeah. That’s why so many college kids could do it. It’s not a big deal to make that move.

But we don’t know how agents and pro leagues are hyping up their options.

Wake's average starting salary is $46k.

Also: According to the U.S. Department of Education. In 2012, the nationwide average salary for young adults with a bachelor's degree was about $47,000, while only $30,000 for those with a high school diploma.

Where do the problems start? There are legitimate concerns. No doubt. Manning has to win this year or he should be gone.

But I would like to know the consensus of where the problem STARTS. Since we all know it.

[current year] + 1 = Y

Y = Manning's Firing

Hmm, no idea why those other quotes were picked up and the edit feature doesn't seem to be working for me.

Where problems always start. "The fish rots from the head down".

Why would you want to go the the G-league making $30k this year when you could still do that next year while also having a WF degree in your back pocket...just saying

You weren’t enjoying the situation you were playing at in WF, and you weren’t planning on doing much with the degree anyways. I.e Crawford.

Probably a dumb question, but where are these kids being evaluated by NBA scouts/execs and "going through the process/getting feedback" if they're not invited to the combine? Are there private workouts?

Anybody want to answer this question?

Did I miss if anyone has sighted Doral on campus? Any word on Melo?

Anybody want to answer this question?

I answered it on another thread. There are plenty of opportunities to work out in front of teams that don't involve the combine. Team workouts, open gyms in places like LA where pretty much everybody is working out already, etc. There are fewer of these opportunities like this these days than in the past and having an agent gets you a lot more exposure, but you'll definitely get watched in some capacity. Additionally, coaches will reach out to teams and personnel and try to get an evaluation of their players' prospects, but I don't know the inner workings of our staff that well.

Where problems always start. "The fish rots from the head down".

Hmmm. So that then makes you the Fire Wellman keep Manning until after Wellman is fired camp. Got it. I am probably there with you. Except for the confusing reality of Wake football right now. But still. Wellman is not transparent or honest enough to be the leader of a ... oh shit, that doesn't work either.

Hmmm. So that then makes you the Fire Wellman keep Manning until after Wellman is fired camp. Got it. I am probably there with you. Except for the confusing reality of Wake football right now. But still. Wellman is not transparent or honest enough to be the leader of a ... oh shit, that doesn't work either.

Shilling double time.

What is the median starting salary for a Wake grad with a Communications degree ?

I've talked to players and coaches about Doral and Bryant. The answers have been "I have no idea what they are going to do" or "its 50/50 at this point". One player I spoke with seems to think they will leave, but it depends on what feedback they receive.

Common sense says they will go to some workouts for some teams, get feedback, realize they have no legitimate shot at the draft (for sure), playing overseas may equal some money (or it might not), but a Wake degree and another year of national exposure is a safe bet.

Please don't leave, guys!

Back