• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

"National exposure?"

Anybody want to answer this question?

Here is a different type of answer: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23048470/2018-nba-draft-testing

Supposed Top 100 prospects who are in & supposedly foregoing their eligibility: 36 total so far

Top 100 prospects who have declared but are just testing the waters: 24 total so far

Top 100 prospects who have yet to decide: 23 total so far

Top 100 Seniors who have used all their eligibility: 17 total

Outside the Top 100 who are in the draft: 14

Outside the Top 100 who are testing the waters: about 57 [still doesn't include Moore or Crawford]

And just think--for all these hopeful prospects, there are only 60 available spots in the NBA draft.

I would be surprised if either came back. This year's draft is STACKED and they won't get drafted. 2 weeks from now we'll hear that they've hired an agent and it'll be a wrap. If they were fringe first rounders it would make sense to test the waters because of the guaranteed money. But this seems like both feet out the door.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

2 weeks 3 days.

It's amazing the amount of self-deception that goes on here when the writing was clearly on the wall from day one. Anyone can see it... except the blinded ones.

What writing is on the wall? I mean, you can count me in as shocked that a guy that has no shot of being drafted in the first round, and probably a snowballs chance in hell of being drafted in the 2nd round, would hire an agent and forego his senior year. Lots of underclassmen (with a brain) declare, don't hire and agent, receive feedback, and then come back to school for another year. I guess I just lean to assuming that people make rational decisions. The only 'writing on the wall' was surreptitious reports about Moore not coming to class, but that just seems like message board scuttle...hard to trust anything like that.

Crawford leaving would make a little more sense, although he is still a late 2nd rounder if he is drafted at all (I don't think he is drafted either). Not sure how it is self deception to think that the clear logical move is to come back for another year and try to improve one's NBA stock so they actually can be drafted. The only true self deception going on in this scenario is Moore deceiving himself into thinking he is an NBA player. He isn't...I wish he was, but he isn't even close. He is too slow, too limited offensively, and really isn't even that great defensively unless he is guarding a slow footed oaf. Can you imagine him trying to guard a guy like Embiid, or KAT, or Davis, or either Gasol, or Aldridge? Imagine him in ANY pick and roll with an NBA point guard...Any sort of switch to a player smaller than 6'11" is going to be an instant bucket or instant foul.

Give him the ball outside of 3 feet and how is he going to score? In an NBA that is trending to spacing and skill, he is a 1980's bruiser with a 3 foot offensive game, and that is putting it nicely.

Its an embarassing lack of self awareness that he is entering the draft. I feel bad for the kid.

Last edited:
It’s going to be funny if Moore works his way into the draft and makes a roster. Then the people falling all over themselves to call him a fool will be praising Manning for developing yet another big man he only got one year of quality production from.

It’s going to be funny if Moore works his way into the draft and makes a roster. Then the people falling all over themselves to call him a fool will be praising Manning for developing yet another big man he only got one year of quality production from.

Everyone is gonna be too busy figuring out who we should be getting to walk-on so we have enough bodies to practice next year.

i have not read all 16 pages so maybe this has already been said, but I just can't believe a dude who has only gotten consistent playing time in 1 of the last 5 seasons is trying to turn pro early. This just makes me sad for Wake, and sad for the current state of basketball everywhere.

I’ll just eat my crow humbly if he is drafted (and makes a team). He is G-league bound at best, and I just can’t see someone wasting a pick on him. He is such a limited player. If he goes first round I think I give up on evaluating basketball players.

One piece of information I don't recall seeing is whether or not Crawford has been on campus and going to class. This would be one clue about his intentions for next season. Anybody have any info?

I’ll just eat my crow humbly if he is drafted (and makes a team). He is G-league bound at best, and I just can’t see someone wasting a pick on him. He is such a limited player. If he goes first round I think I give up on evaluating basketball players.

The staff was not in favor of Doral's decision. They called GMs around the league, and only 2 had him going in the late 2nd round. The rest didn't even comment.

Crawford should return, but in this day and age, we can breathe easier after May 30th.

The staff was not in favor of Doral's decision. They called GMs around the league, and only 2 had him going in the late 2nd round. The rest didn't even comment.

Crawford should return, but in this day and age, we can breathe easier after May 30th.
Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Interesting, but not surprising. Thanks.

They didn't comment because they didn't know who Doral Moore is.

Back