• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

If you aren’t invited to the draft camp in Chicago, do players even get a chance to play in front of scouts? I assume if you dont get invite, your feedback comes from scouts watching video of your games. Is that correct?

I mean, it depends.

Technically, coaches can help get that kind of information for prospects. I can't speak to whether Manning and the staff does this, but I certainly hope that they do.

It's also accessible in an informal sense online (e.g., ESPN Insider, mock drafts, etc.). Most respectable draft analysts have a good sense of a prospect's draft stock.

Most importantly, there are a lot of other workout opportunities that aren't the combine. The idea is to get invited to a handful of those and see what present scouts/personnel think about your game.

If they hire an agent or decide to stay in the draft it would be a poor decision for either one IMO, and an indication of them having issues with Manning. If they are just doing this to get feedback, it is a smart move and hopefully one that shows them the areas they need to improve, which would be a very good thing for Wake Forest.

A smart move by both players. They will get a straight forward assessment of their strength and weakness as a player from a source they both want to impress.

I don’t have any info, but I think we should prepare ourselves for one or both of them to leave. We may be thinking they’ll only leave with an unlikely first round guarantee. But they may be fine with a training camp shot and a chance at a 2 way contract and/or overseas prospects.

This is a sinking ship. The only question is if people will keep abandoning it.

Dribbling skills. Leadership. Teamwork. Decision making. Shot selection.

Stamina. Up and under moves. Jump hook. Finish with both hands. Don’t go for the pump fake.

That should cover most of it.

I would be surprised if either came back. This year's draft is STACKED and they won't get drafted. 2 weeks from now we'll hear that they've hired an agent and it'll be a wrap. If they were fringe first rounders it would make sense to test the waters because of the guaranteed money. But this seems like both feet out the door.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Last edited:
I would be surprised if either came back. This year's draft is STACKED and they won't get drafted. 2 weeks from now we'll hear that they've hired an agent and it'll be a wrap. If they were fringe first rounders it would make sense to test the waters because of the guaranteed money. But this seems like both feet out the door.

I realize I'm not a smart man, but I can't comprehend this post a'tall

Based on all the info about Crawford before the season and Doral after the season it would seem this is a way to slowly push away from the program. I've lost all optimism for Wake basketball so easier to accept it now.

If they both leave, there will barely be enough players to practice. With Manning's ability to underperform his talent, next year could be early BZ years bad.

I don't think they will leave, but if they do, Manning needs to go with them. He is obviously not building anything. The foundation is crumbling faster than the bricks can be laid. If we are starting over, let's do it with a young competent coach.

There has been speculation for some weeks that at the very least Crawford, and probably Doral would do this. It should not be such a big surprise. If either one hires an agent before getting some evaluation, that would be a surprise.

As rising seniors, with ambitions to play pro basketball, this is an opportunity to talk to the guys who are evaluating your capabilities as a player. And, once they get that feedback, there is a year to work on whatever areas of their games are noted as needing work. The evaluation and feed back from voices other than the coaches they have been listening to for three+ years may help them understand better where improvement is needed.

If either one gets a high enough evaluation to be considered first round NBA guys I would be surprised.

i believe Eric Williams was the last WFU junior to enter the draft without signing with an agent. He ended up coming back for his senior year and we rejoiced. We sucked anyway.

How is Marvin Bagley not the first choice? Would be mine.

I don’t have any info, but I think we should prepare ourselves for one or both of them to leave. We may be thinking they’ll only leave with an unlikely first round guarantee. But they may be fine with a training camp shot and a chance at a 2 way contract and/or overseas prospects.

It sounds like you have. #sad

If you aren’t invited to the draft camp in Chicago, do players even get a chance to play in front of scouts? I assume if you dont get invite, your feedback comes from scouts watching video of your games. Is that correct?

Only about 60 players get invited each year so there's a chance one or both won't be selected.

When Ph turns on you, it gets ugly fast.

Back