• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

I hope Doral, Crawford and the entire damn staff leave....

I don’t have any info, but I think we should prepare ourselves for one or both of them to leave. We may be thinking they’ll only leave with an unlikely first round guarantee. But they may be fine with a training camp shot and a chance at a 2 way contract and/or overseas prospects.

This is a sinking ship. The only question is if people will keep abandoning it.

#PhGonnaPh

i believe Eric Williams was the last WFU junior to enter the draft without signing with an agent. He ended up coming back for his senior year and we rejoiced. We sucked anyway.

He and JGray were probably the last juniors we had who were legit draft prospects.

Their senior year is still the most bizarre thing to me. How were they not at least 8-8?

That team lost one of the greatest players in the history of the program and a very good role player class. The team had no PG and no bench. It was literally a three man team. It was even worse than I thought when I checked the stats. Big E, JGray, and Strickland all played 32+ min a game. The next highest? Drum, Hale, and Ellie at 20-22 min/game and 5.5-5.6 pts/game.

I had forgotten how much Visser played that year. Even started 17 games, the most behind the top 3 seniors.

It was a horrible recruiting fail by Skip. Surround those three with any decent class and that team probably makes the NCAAT. Surround them with Harvey Hale, Kevin Swinton, Cam Stanley, and Shamaine Dukes? NIT.

The 2007 class would have fit well with the big 3 on the 2006 team. A starting lineup of Ish, Gray, Trent, Skeen, and Big E would have been pretty good. LD, Viss, Chas off the bench.

Last edited:
The loss of Paul really affected them. That team had trouble finding their identity. They found it in the acc tourney. Had they played like that all season they were an ncaa team. jgray gets a bum wrap. He improved as the season went on. Certainly not a classic pg but he was a serviceable lead guard.

If they both leave, there will barely be enough players to practice. With Manning's ability to underperform his talent, next year could be early BZ years bad.

So basically it would be like this year when we had them.

If either of them had any chance of a guaranteed contract I would be less surprised. But, this is like Keyshon putting his name in. Seems like a way to try to get a little more attention when they go sign to play overseas. I’d put the odds under 50% they return and under 5% either is in the NBA.

as of right now, this is truly a nothing burger as long as they are doing what they need to do to stay eligible for next year

Having Doral return to Wake is probably more important than having Craw return. BChill was serviceable as PG. Sarr would need to make a quantum leap to be able to start and play major minutes at C.

Having Doral return to Wake is probably more important than having Craw return. BChill was serviceable as PG. Sarr would need to make a quantum leap to be able to start and play major minutes at C.

This is is truth.

Neither of them are getting drafted, but they are not coming back to Wake.

Neither would get drafted if there were 4 rounds. Seriously. There’s absolutely no way those 2 think they could be drafted. That tells me they are gone, and for other reasons.

Doral is not even back on campus, there gone.

Surely this is not true. Why would you throw away 3 years of education for a month and a half of classes. I find it hard to believe they won’t finish the year academically regardless of their career choice.

Anything could happen, but rational thought says they will be back unless some team falls in love. What would you rather do, make 25k in the G-league living in some random city and playing in front of high school sized crowds with nobody nationally caring or play in the ACC in major stadiums on national TV (or at least internet feeds) for your senior season. Doubt they have much of a course load at this point. I would bet last year was frustrating, but mainly because they were "close" but just missing that integral piece. They will no doubt be much better this year which is a lot more fun. With regard to Europe, still doubt a 20 yo really wants to play in some random country. Wonder how much fun the Ball's have had in Eastern Europe....

Back