• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

That team lost one of the greatest players in the history of the program and a very good role player class. The team had no PG and no bench. It was literally a three man team. It was even worse than I thought when I checked the stats. Big E, JGray, and Strickland all played 32+ min a game. The next highest? Drum, Hale, and Ellie at 20-22 min/game and 5.5-5.6 pts/game.

I had forgotten how much Visser played that year. Even started 17 games, the most behind the top 3 seniors.

It was a horrible recruiting fail by Skip. Surround those three with any decent class and that team probably makes the NCAAT. Surround them with Harvey Hale, Kevin Swinton, Cam Stanley, and Shamaine Dukes? NIT.

The 2007 class would have fit well with the big 3 on the 2006 team. A starting lineup of Ish, Gray, Trent, Skeen, and Big E would have been pretty good. LD, Viss, Chas off the bench.

And this

The loss of Paul really affected them. That team had trouble finding their identity. They found it in the acc tourney. Had they played like that all season they were an ncaa team. jgray gets a bum wrap. He improved as the season went on. Certainly not a classic pg but he was a serviceable lead guard.

It wasn't just losing Chris that year. We also lost Taron.

Crawford has demonstrated very low BB IQ; however, if he goes to the combines and demonstrate elite athleticism with an outside shot, and some team thinks his BB IQ can be coached up, ouch. Also, Doral may demonstrate significant upside. Hopefully, they do not pull a Jesse Bates 3 at the combines.

One of Doral's problems for this year is how many good centers and PF/C are coming into the draft this year.

The loss of Paul really affected them. That team had trouble finding their identity. They found it in the acc tourney. Had they played like that all season they were an ncaa team. jgray gets a bum wrap. He improved as the season went on. Certainly not a classic pg but he was a serviceable lead guard.

I agree except we abandoned any point guard or lead guard for J Gray and after about 8 games or so, asked Harvey Hale to get the ball up the court as primary ball handler. It was a disaster.

Who cares? We are going to suck whether they come back or not.

Pretty much this. We won 4 acc games with them. I’m hoping they both return, but if they don’t oh well. As long as DM is the coach it doesn’t matter who we have on the team. Another JC ain’t coming through that door.

2&2 and Cheese are so right...Replacing Wibekin and TT with Hoard and either Mucius or Sarr won't have any real impact. I mean Wilbekin was clearly 5* player like Hoard. We won't even notice the difference.

I’m sure they will be solid players, but that doesn’t change anything. Manning will find a way to bury them on the bench for long and head scratching stretches just as he has shown to do his first 4 seasons. To put in this way, I have zero confidence in his ability to manage his players. Look at Crawford for reference. He’s a guy with loads of talent, but has shown minimal growth. I guess we will just have to wait and see if these new guys can overcome DM’s mismanagement. Only time will tell.

Remind how many 5* players has Danny "buried on the bench".

He has shown the propensity to sit Moore with the game still in reach and put in a walk on who can't score, commits 5 fouls in 5 minutes but can dive on floor for loose balls. I am sure Moore took personal exception to that.

Remind how many 5* players has Danny "buried on the bench".
Chaundee was his first player of that caliber and he definitely played him way less than he should have

Chaundee was not as highly rated as Hoard. I don't remember anyone having Chaundee in the Top 20.

Chaundee was not as highly rated as Hoard. I don't remember anyone having Chaundee in the Top 20.

You, along with others get too caught up in rankings and stars as if that’s priority no. 1 to a successful season. You keep forgetting they’re getting coached by DM.

He has shown the propensity to sit Moore with the game still in reach and put in a walk on who can't score, commits 5 fouls in 5 minutes but can dive on floor for loose balls. I am sure Moore took personal exception to that.

this, this, a thousand times this

Back