• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford & Moore enter the Draft

You watch that Krutwig kid from Loyola and wonder how Doral can't be at least as good as him.

Doral is better than him. Doral averaged more points, rebounds, and blocks while playing tougher competition.

You watch that Krutwig kid from Loyola and wonder how Doral can't be at least as good as him.

Ill tell you why. He isn't nearly as nimble, he doesn't have the hands, and he doesn't have the touch. Other than that Doral is just like him. Don't get me wrong, I like Doral, but he is a severely limited basketball player. Manning did a good job putting him in a position to succeed this year. Doral is not, nor in my opinion will ever be an NBA player. But he can be a great college player next year if he sticks with the program, and he can have a long career in Europe after.

I have no issue with either Crawford or Moore testing the NBA draft, but if either stays in the draft, they are delusional. If either of them gives up their senior year and a college degree to go play in Europe they are foolish. Hopefully they will receive good advice, and both will come back to finish their college career at Wake. I guess we won't know until we know, but I expect both to return for their senior year and have a good season.

I said we couldbe Top 25 or close to it.

The statement is 100% about nuance, but Ayo refuses to admit it. As it doesn't fit his nonsensical needs.

My shit could be the spitting image of the Virgin Mary and worth millions but I don't think it is reasonable for me to expect it.

Some on this board are vastly overrating how much the average RCSI #26-30 player and RCSI #71-80 player contribute in their freshman seasons. A freshman RCSI #26-30 player is a really nice piece but certainly not a lock to be a team changer in year 1.

OTOH I think the improvement of C. Brown is likely being underrated. Should make a jump.

Good post.

Some on this board are vastly overrating how much the average RCSI #26-30 player and RCSI #71-80 player contribute in their freshman seasons. A freshman RCSI #26-30 player is a really nice piece but certainly not a lock to be a team changer in year 1.

OTOH I think the improvement of C. Brown is likely being underrated. Should make a jump.

Agreed. I’m looking for improvement of others to have a bigger impact on next season, but Hoard filling the gigantic void of any production from the 4 can’t be overstated. I don’t expect him to average ridiculous numbers, but something along the lines of 9-10 points, good rebounding, athleticism and defense should make a notable difference for next year’s squad.

Hard to imagine a ceiling higher than the 2017 season unless Hoard is an absolute stud even if Crawford and Moore stay.

Part of the reason for great expectation is that the top 30 player is filling a giant gaping hole in the Wake lineup. An average or even slightly below average competent ACC level player at the four will be a significant step up from what Wake had playing the four this past season.

Somebody has been conspicuously absent from this thread.

Dan continues his assault on Manning in his latest column. Unfortunately I'm not sure very many people read Dan's blog.

Have to agree with what Dan says. It’s painfully obvious if you just sit back and take an inventory of the good and bad. And more concerning than anything is the lack of a process. Manning is just throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks. That’s not how you build a program. Players are recognizing that lack of leadership and are jumping ship. I don’t blame a single one of them.

Interesting for Dan to make the call that they're not coming back.

In a couple months we'll know if he's right.

Good observation by Dan that Childress is the only player who played in the K State game slated to come back next year. Of course Moore didn’t play in that game.

Back