• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The demise of Wake Forest Basketball

Either that or a lot of coaches bang coeds and fan bases (and athletic departments) choose to pull out those indiscretions when its convenient to foment negative energy against a coach. When a coach is winning Natty's, he can even bang wives of others in the athletic department in a public place, like a restaurant, and everybody is cool with it.

Nice.

That is fucking awful. Holy shit. Never viewed that before. Wellman hired that fuck.
You know, cause you can’t have values and win. That’s “beauty in the inside” bullshit or “I’m not fat I’m just big boned”

The record for Manning. Since his arrival twenty three scholarship student athletes have been on the basketball roster and entered WFU as freshmen.

Three (Codi Miller-McIntyre, Devin Thomas, Mitchell Wilbekin) have completed four years of eligibility.

Nine (Miles Overton, Madison Jones, Greg McClinton, Aaron Rountree, Andre Washington, Rondale Watson, Daniel Green, Donovan Mitchell, Richard Washington) have transferred prior to completing their eligibility.

Two (Cornelious Hudson, Sam Japhet-Mathias) were dismissed from the team.

Two (John Collins, Dinos Mitoglou) left early to pursue professional contracts.

Six (Bryant Crawford, Doral Moore, Brandon Childress, Chaundee Brown, Olivier Sarr, Melo Eggleston) are on the active roster.

4 have played in the NCAA tournament

The record for Manning. Since his arrival twenty three scholarship student athletes have been on the basketball roster and entered WFU as freshmen.

Three (Codi Miller-McIntyre, Devin Thomas, Mitchell Wilbekin) have completed four years of eligibility.

Nine (Miles Overton, Madison Jones, Greg McClinton, Aaron Rountree, Andre Washington, Rondale Watson, Daniel Green, Donovan Mitchell, Richard Washington) have transferred prior to completing their eligibility.

Six (Bryant Crawford, Doral Moore, Brandon Childress, Chaundee Brown, Olivier Sarr, Melo Eggleston) are on the active roster.

Of the list of 9 transfers and two dismissed, which ones would anybody like to have back?

ETA:

Only two of the transfer out guys were Manning recruits, however, so were the two dismissed guys.

Last edited:
So, according to Wellman and his talking jackass, we were in a great place over four years ago and ready to enjoy sustained winning.

The fact Wellman is still employed by WFU is fucking pathetic.

Of the list of 9 transfers and two dismissed, which ones would anybody like to have back?

ETA:

Only two of the transfer out guys were Manning recruits, however, so were the two dismissed guys.

Why aren't we counting Moto and Cavanaugh? They transferred out a few weeks after Manning was hired.

iirc wasn't Madison Jones kicked off the team as well.

So what are the odds of accepting a Wake basketball scholarship and graduating with a Wake degree. Seems pretty unlikely. Might as well go G-league.

Moto and Cavanaugh transferred prior to fall semester so I didn't count them. Add them if you want. Madison may have been dismissed but I did not recall it. I included Keyshawn until I realized he didn't enter as a freshman. That's why the total of 23 is incorrect. 22 is correct.

Moto and Cavanaugh transferred prior to fall semester so I didn't count them. Add them if you want. Madison may have been dismissed but I did not recall it. I included Keyshawn until I realized he didn't enter as a freshman. That's why the total of 23 is incorrect. 22 is correct.

Madison was suspended in March 2015. He was reinstated in May 2015, then dismissed in July 2015 as he was about to start his senior season on the team. The catch all "a violation of Athletics Department policy." According to the announcement he was expected to finish his degree at Wake. I don't know if he did finish or left once Wake BB was done with him.

ETA:

He is listed in WIN as an alum, 2016 grad. So he finished his degree at Wake, just not as a member of the basketball team his last year.

Last edited:
After graduation Madison completed his eligibility as a graduate student at Seton Hall. Thanks to CHillDeac and Deaconblue for the correction.

I guess I see it Manning failing to retain Moto and Cav. I would have kept both of them. Pretty astonished that Cav is playing 13 minutes a game and averaging nearly 5 points a game in the NBA right now...he might in fact be better than Ryan Kelly.

I guess I see it Manning failing to retain Moto and Cav. I would have kept both of them. Pretty astonished that Cav is playing 13 minutes a game and averaging nearly 5 points a game in the NBA right now...he might in fact be better than Ryan Kelly.

Cav seems to have gained real benefit by having to redshirt/sit out the year after he left Wake. He matured physically and was a much better player after the transfer. Yes, he was a loss.

Back