• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The demise of Wake Forest Basketball

This must be the worst moment in Wake hoops history. An April of silence at the bottom. We all finish last sometimes in life. Only complete losers finish last and don’t improve it.

To be clear, our Wake Forest AD, his boss, and our board of trustees are complete failures.

This must be the worst moment in Wake hoops history. An April of silence at the bottom. We all finish last sometimes in life. Only complete losers finish last and don’t improve it.

To be clear, our Wake Forest AD, his boss, and our board of trustees are complete failures.

So true.

I wish we were winless Pitt. At least they are moving forward. We are like the backpage whores now out of a job and doing nothing to remedy it. The whores moving on to insurance sales have more class than Ron. He’s just an old plastic salesman who stole all our shit.

I don't think the AD, board or Hatch care about the basketball program anymore.

We are 37-102 in ACC play since [name redacted] took over (2010-11 season). A win percentage of .264. We are truly awful.

From Prosser to Gaudio (2001-02 through 2009-10), Wake was 79-65 in ACC play. A win percentage of .548.

Last edited:
I mean, he did say "Cliff Notes:" right at the very beginning of the post, which means what follows is a summary of the original work. Though I am sure you'd like me to point out that it should be "CliffsNotes".
Oh man, I wanted to point that out so badly but refrained. Thank you.

There is zero implication in the term "micromanaging" that it is being done against the will of the person being managed. Micromanaging just indicates that someone is involved in small details that they shouldn't otherwise be concerning themselves with if they had hired a competent person to perform the job, or if they didn't want to impose their own will onto the way even the smallest of tasks are completed.

Really? I don't think I've ever heard the word "micromanage" used in a positive context. Can you find me an example of someone pleased to have been micromanaged?

Really? I don't think I've ever heard the word "micromanage" used in a positive context. Can you find me an example of someone pleased to have been micromanaged?

You obviously don't understand the term. Micromanage does NOT mean against someone's will. It just doesn't. It means that a manager chooses to be involved in the details of his/her subordinates. It's a waste of time and not highly effective. But, the term has absolutely nothing to do with being against the will of employees.

You obviously don't understand the term. Micromanage does NOT mean against someone's will. It just doesn't. It means that a manager chooses to be involved in the details of his/her subordinates. It's a waste of time and not highly effective. But, the term has absolutely nothing to do with being against the will of employees.
I didn't say that it *meant* "against someone's will," just that it is almost always used in that way. Again, if you can find me an example of someone praising their superior's micromanaging strategies I will issue a personal apology to the three of you.

it seems pretty ridiculous that when Wake fires a coach these kinds of stories are spread about them.

[Redacted] didn't have any such rumors spread about him, wonder why?

c8517ef2914e07ffc048d5f6b610759b.jpg

I know why no one ever really considers [Redacted] hooking up with college girls.

+1000. Fuck Ron Wellman.

Grobe hired Elrod as a grad assistant first. He moved up over time.

That makes more sense than a incoming basketball coach with no formal Wake ties hiring two former players as full time assistants despite having no college coaching experience.

Childress and who was the second ??? Or are you talking Bzd? Who hired Rusty and who ???

some employees fail if they aren’t micro managed

If those employees have significant positions, they shouldn't have to be micromanaged. If they have to be micromanaged, they should be fired. If they don't need to be micromanaged but are micromanaged anyway, the person micromanaging them needs to be fired.

[Redacted] retaining Rusty then hiring Childress.

If those employees have significant positions, they shouldn't have to be micromanaged. If they have to be micromanaged, they should be fired. If they don't need to be micromanaged but are micromanaged anyway, the person micromanaging them needs to be fired.
Doesn't sound like a good thing to me in any of these scenarios. Still waiting on Core and Racer to find me some examples of employees pleased to be micromanaged.

Doesn't sound like a good thing to me in any of these scenarios. Still waiting on Core and Racer to find me some examples of employees pleased to be micromanaged.

I had two direct reports in my career who wanted (and needed) to be micromanaged. I fired them.

Back