• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The demise of Wake Forest Basketball

Doesn't sound like a good thing to me in any of these scenarios. Still waiting on Core and Racer to find me some examples of employees pleased to be micromanaged.

The definition of micromanage: control every part, however small, of (an enterprise or activity).
There is no implication of positive or negative in the definition.

I've known multiple people who were pleased to be micromanaged. They didn't want to make decisions for themselves. And they had bosses who were happy to micromanage. It was inefficient as hell, but the employee and the manager were pleased even if their bosses weren't.

I micromanage the hell out of my kids, decreasingly so as they get older. They may not enjoy it, but there's nothing negative about it. When they are young, it's a requirement for their survival.

Last edited:
The definition of micromanage: control every part, however small, of (an enterprise or activity).
There is no implication of positive or negative in the definition.

I've known multiple people who were pleased to be micromanaged. They didn't want to make decisions for themselves. And they had bosses who were happy to micromanage. It was inefficient as hell, but the employee and the manager were pleased.

I micromanage the hell out of my kids, decreasingly so as they get older. They may not enjoy it, but there's nothing negative about it. When they are young, it's a requirement for their survival.

I have never, not once, claimed that the literal definition of micromanaging includes a negative denotation. It's a connotation, an implication, an mf-ing association. You still haven't found me an actual example. And lol, come on, parenting does not count as micromanaging.

This conversation started, if you'll remember, over posters' claims that Clawson was too badass to be micromanaged by the athletic department and specifically Wellman, but that Manning was probably susceptible to it because he's weak, unintelligent, and a waste of space. Doesn't sound like people are associating micromanagement with positive outcomes.

So, nine pages into this the consensus is that WF basketball is in the shitter. I agree. And Wellman sucks.

Clawson has a lot more to lose at Wake than Danny. If he regresses , this is likely his last P5 HC job for many years. Danny has a long and deep pedigree. He'll be able to bounce back.

Clawson has a lot more to lose at Wake than Danny. If he regresses , this is likely his last P5 HC job for many years. Danny has a long and deep pedigree. He'll be able to bounce back.

Lol. You think Manning will get another head P5 job if he doesn't succeed at Wake?

Clawson is younger than Manning and has a far better coaching resume.

Clawson is younger than Manning and has a far better coaching resume.

It's not even close. If Clawson regresses at Wake, it can easily be explained away as Wake being a difficult place to compete in football. That excuse doesn't fly for Manning. Manning fails at Wake and he will either need to take a step down the ranks and show some extended success (what he should be doing right now rather than "leading" Wake) or go be an assistant somewhere within the Kansas coaching tree.

It's inconceivable that people think this way.

Nonsense on so many levels

terrible take

I've said my peace several times over the lack of fundamentals and discipline our coaching staff lacks and demands of our players. At this point, whoever did the billboard signs years ago needs to do a few more billboards stating that we deserve better, time for Ron Wellman to go!!! It seems like we're all just repeating ourselves on here... Let everyone's dollars backup all this talk...

4 years ago I had a conversation at Over dinner with John Feinstein about Wake basketball. Before we got up to leave I asked John if Danny Manning was the guy and he said absolutely. I spent 10 minutes with John tonight and reminded him of our conversation and asked if he still felt that way.

John joked that he’s rarely wrong but in this case he was. Said he believed Danny would rise to the occasion but hasn’t and not much would change now. Said he doesn’t follow us closely but can’t understand why so many players have left the program.

I've said my peace several times over the lack of fundamentals and discipline our coaching staff lacks and demands of our players. At this point, whoever did the billboard signs years ago needs to do a few more billboards stating that we deserve better, time for Ron Wellman to go!!! It seems like we're all just repeating ourselves on here... Let everyone's dollars backup all this talk...

I'm in full agreement for bringing back the billboards if they lead directly to the firing or retirement of Ron Wellman. I'd leaving Manning out of it. It's all on Wellman and Hatch at this point. That's become beyond obvious.

Look at what Pitt just did with the Capels. Now it's not a Duke thing, it's a Capel thing. Will it work? I predict yes, they will be in the top half of the conference within 2 years in my opinion. But one cannot debate that now they hope--something Wake Forest doesn't have.

Like it or not, in this era, Manning now has 0 chance at Wake. Even if he started working even a 40 hour work week (which he won't), the recruits won't come. He missed. Everyone knows it. Why is Plastic Ron waiting to make the obvious move?

Plastic Ron Wellman. A loser.

09 must be thrilled that RJ rescued him from his terrible micromanagement take by offering up an even more terrible take on Clawson.

Look at what Pitt just did with the Capels. Now it's not a Duke thing, it's a Capel thing. Will it work? I predict yes, they will be in the top half of the conference within 2 years in my opinion. But one cannot debate that now they hope--something Wake Forest doesn't have.

Like it or not, in this era, Manning now has 0 chance at Wake. Even if he started working even a 40 hour work week (which he won't), the recruits won't come. He missed. Everyone knows it. Why is Plastic Ron waiting to make the obvious move?

Plastic Ron Wellman. A loser.

Woah, where did this come from? This is the first time I have heard anyone say Manning isn't working hard? By all indications, we are involved with a crap-load of recruits. I know the assistants do most of that legwork but Manning seems to show up at a lot of places. Has anyone else heard any talk of Manning not putting in the work? Or is DR just making more stuff up?

If Manning whiffs on top 75 or top 100 recruits in the '19 class, he is in trouble. Brown looks like he will be a solid to excellent player and the '18 class is really good but he needs to recruit at or near that level every year in order to (have a chance to) be successful.

09 must be thrilled that RJ rescued him from his terrible micromanagement take by offering up an even more terrible take on Clawson.
Meh, I'm still waiting for an example of anybody, anywhere praising micromanagement. Will be happy to admit I'm wrong. The argument "it's not in the dictionary definition!" is not gonna cut it.

Racer is one of the sneaky dumbest, and unfortunately most outspoken, posters on these rjkarl boards.

To be clear, I have 0 info on Manning’s hours. My hunch is based exclusively on watching him on the sidelines and my attention to the work ethic of everyone else I know who has banked 50 mil.

Back