• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The demise of Wake Forest Basketball

jules1.jpg

The people here who like to say Wake basketball sucks and has always sucked and will always suck should read the first part of this article where it talks about the 20 year period before redacted came along...

The people here who like to say Wake basketball sucks and has always sucked and will always suck should read the first part of this article where it talks about the 20 year period before redacted came along...

yeah, back when we had a smaller arena. OH WAIT

Honestly, Wellman's biggest blunder was firing Dino before he fell on his face. Second was of course hiring [redacted]. No matter what everyone thought of Dino, firing a coach who had reached #1 in the nation the previous year and a second round NCAA appearance probably did not sit well in the coaching community.

Honestly, Wellman's biggest blunder was firing Dino before he fell on his face. Second was of course hiring [redacted]. No matter what everyone thought of Dino, firing a coach who had reached #1 in the nation the previous year and a second round NCAA appearance probably did not sit well in the coaching community.

There is no greater blunder than hiring [redacted].

If Dino had been given time to fall on his face, our program would have been in the same shitty shape as Bz left it.. It was a bigger blunder making Dino anything other than interim head coach for one season only.

If Dino had been given time to fall on his face, our program would have been in the same shitty shape as Bz left it.. It was a bigger blunder making Dino anything other than interim head coach for one season only.

Dino couldn't have done any worse than [Redacted]. Wake was better with Dino than it was with [Redacted].

That is the truth. Seems like so long ago.

The coaching community were all aware of the awful things Dino was doing behind the scenes. They all understood Ronnie had no choice , but to clean things up with a guy who coached military boys.

The coaching community were all aware of the awful things Dino was doing behind the scenes. They all understood Ronnie had no choice , but to clean things up with a guy who coached military boys.

What was Dino doing?

What was Dino doing?

Yeah? I hear this spiel over and over and over, and yet it rings hollow to me, especially with the timing of it.

This whole thing looks like Ronnie firing Dino, hiring redacted, and then when that was obviously a terrible move, coming up with the story of "well we had culture problems that had to be addressed..." after the fact.

Right. The justification for firing Dino only months after giving him an extension was lack of success in March.

Yeah? I hear this spiel over and over and over, and yet it rings hollow to me, especially with the timing of it.

This whole thing looks like Ronnie firing Dino, hiring redacted, and then when that was obviously a terrible move, coming up with the story of "well we had culture problems that had to be addressed..." after the fact.

I agree; it's been 8 years. If people know something, then it's time to spill the beans. If it's conjecture and rumors, then stop. If what Dino was doing was so heinous that it can't be shared after 8 years, then the people still there (i.e. Wellman) are responsible for a CNN-level cover-up and should be fired for cause.

If the 'rumors' about Dino are true then L'ville is the perfect place for him to get back in the game.

The hiring of Bzz was the critical mistake. Our previous 20 years of the success should have made Wake attractive to more than a few decent coaches.

Maybe we were. Wellman clearly wanted to hire his friend.

Back