• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LeBron v. Saban

DZ73AeTU0AA63ge.jpg:large

Not a lawyer but you can't make an intellectual property claim on a freakin barbershop serving as a set for a talk show right?

Not a lawyer but you can't make an intellectual property claim on a freakin barbershop serving as a set for a talk show right?

I'm gonna have to say no, but what do I know? I'm just an IP lawyer. (this is not legal advice and should not be relied upon) This will just be a pissing contest and will come down to who cares more about the issue.

Based on those interviews, I don't think I really understand Lebron's issue with it either.

I'd be surprised if LeBron didn't care about it more, and also surprised if LeBron doesn't benefit from the free publicity more. Nobody but Alabama fans were ever going to watch Saban's show. Lebron is worldwide. That said, if LeBron actually makes anything more of it than a publicity stunt, it would seem like a silly lawsuit.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to say no, but what do I know? I'm just an IP lawyer. (this is not legal advice and should not be relied upon) This will just be a pissing contest and will come down to who cares more about the issue.

I'm making an IP claim on sitting at a desk with a computer and a keyboard in a standard business office as my venue for discussing my opinions on Wake sports so this is serving as my cease and desist letter. Stop now ogboards users or get sued!

The names are too similar. That said: Saban will win cause he said he’s going to continue. And Saban>Lebron.

I don't think "The Shop" is protectable versus "Shop Talk" when both are set in a Barbershop. And "Shop Talk" is a common term for talking business in any context. Good luck with that claim.

Back