• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino to Louisville

This is not confirmed is it? Looks like Mack wants it but has anything been announced?

Last I was meeting a couple of friends in downtown Louisville to watch the game and have some drinks. Realizing that I would likely leave my car downtown and take a cab home, I became proactive and took the bus.

Then a curious "only in Kentucky" thing started happening. Each time someone got of the bus, they paused and chimed,"thank you" to the bus driver. Who replied, "thanks for riding have a good night."

That was a nice puzzle.

I wasn't thinking as the three of us enveloped the couple next to us during the game. With a minor amount of bar food (and certainly no bottle service at this place) we had a bill of around $500 before the tip.

I "walked" down to the river and got a bus. To my surprise the same thing happened on the way home that went on during the other ride. Everyone thanked the driver and she wished everyone a good night.

I've ridden public transportation all over the world. This is the first time I saw anything like this.

The fact you have a spread sheet of these is either amazing or sad.

I'm not as interested in myself as Sokolove is in me.

I am rarely on a bus, but I will say thank you. Then again, I am from Kentucky.

I am happy to finally see the infamous $500 bar tab post.

This happened several years ago. I hadn't ridden a bus more than 2-3 times in the previous quarter of a century. I don't remember people in Philly saying thanks when getting off a bus back then. I thought it was a pleasant story. But some think it's worthwhile to use to a nice story to mock me. That's on them, not me.

The concept of saving my posts or anyone else's is bizarre to me. It shows some here need to find some friends or hobbies. Saving things likes this (and editing them as he did here) to insult and mock a person you don't know to increase some bizarro, self-created personal, internet status is creepy and sad.

It's even creepier considering how many times he has done similar things. Even more bizarre is that I never his posts them unless they are copied.

P.S. I am fairly certain he combined two posts. The original bus story was told about going to a completely different place than $500 bar tab.

How does getting an assistant's job after nine years "prove" I was wrong that Dino hasn't been offered a HC job since he was fired?

That's a bizarre stretch of reality.

Dino was a good assistant coach but a terrible HC.

Dino was not a terrible head coach. Winning 60% of his games is... not bad. He was unlikely to take wake to the next level (tourney success) but he was better than either if the last two guys. Danny deserves a 5th year because 7 is the bare minimum time you need on the job to assess the situation.

We have no idea what dino looked for or turned down or didn't (and neither do you). If I had to guess he got excited about coaching again with Mack without have to be "the guy." Pretty sure it's a unique situation not likely to happen again.

Good for him after so many sh!t on him and inexplicably continue to do so. He was a deacon and had to stay the course during one of the worst times in school history (losing his best friend and having to continue on).

This happened several years ago. I hadn't ridden a bus more than 2-3 times in the previous quarter of a century. I don't remember people in Philly saying thanks when getting off a bus back then. I thought it was a pleasant story. But some think it's worthwhile to use to a nice story to mock me. That's on them, not me.

The concept of saving my posts or anyone else's is bizarre to me. It shows some here need to find some friends or hobbies. Saving things likes this (and editing them as he did here) to insult and mock a person you don't know to increase some bizarro, self-created personal, internet status is creepy and sad.

It's even creepier considering how many times he has done similar things. Even more bizarre is that I never his posts them unless they are copied.

P.S. I am fairly certain he combined two posts. The original bus story was told about going to a completely different place than $500 bar tab.

I thought it was an LA post and he changed it to Louisville. My bad. I've never heard anybody on the east coast thank a bus driver, but everybody (myself included) does it all the time on Metro/BBB out here. I thought it was really weird when I first heard it.

It happened in HB, but my frame of reference was Philly.

Straight up question, would you ever consider cataloging hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts from anyone on this board to be used years later?

It happened in HB, but my frame of reference was Philly.

Straight up question, would you ever consider cataloging hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts from anyone on this board to be used years later?

No, but I'm also relatively sane.

They don't say thank you in HB?? WTF! Thank your bus drivers, OC!

I'm certain Louisville is going to utterly annihilate the Deacs in Dino's return to the Joel.

The last Wake game (that I remember) Dino called was like an infomercial for us. He was gushing over Wake. It was great. Someone needs to ship the Dino costume to a Louisville fan.

Happy for Dino. Louisville can still go suck a lemon though.

Back