• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino to Louisville

It happened in HB, but my frame of reference was Philly.

Straight up question, would you ever consider cataloging hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts from anyone on this board to be used years later?

Cataloging the posts would be lame.

Using the search function is funny.

How does getting an assistant's job after nine years "prove" I was wrong that Dino hasn't been offered a HC job since he was fired?

That's a bizarre stretch of reality.

Dino was a good assistant coach but a terrible HC.

Well, he's easily the best coach this program has seen in over a decade.

Well, he's easily the best coach this program has seen in over a decade.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Well,he's easily [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]hadthe best talent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]this program has seen in over a decade.[/FONT]
Revised it for you.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Well,he's easily [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]hadthe best talent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]this program has seen in over a decade.[/FONT]
Revised it for you.

Both.

Revised it for you.

And he left the most talent of any coach exiting the program. Oh wait.

Last edited:
the original. all in one post. the reason the $500 bar tab became a thing is that it made no sense in the context of the story - everyone assumed humblebrag.

Last I was meeting a couple of friends in downtown Huntington Beach to watch the game and have some drinks. Realizing that I would likely leave my car downtown and take a cab home, I became proactive and took the bus.

Then a curious "only in California" thing started happening. Each time someone got of the bus, they paused and chimed,"thank you" to the bus driver. Who replied, "thanks for riding have a good night."

That was a nice puzzle.

I wasn't thinking as the three of us enveloped the couple next to us during the game. With a minor amount of bar food (and certainly no bottle service at this place) we had a bill of around $500 before the tip.

I "walked" down to the beach and got a bus. To my surprise the same thing happened on the way home that went on during the other ride. Everyone thanked the driver and she wished everyone a good night.

I've ridden public transportation all over the world. This is the first time I saw anything like this.

Revised it for you.

Sure, but he could coach defense, better than any one since Odom.

But couldn't get the results the talent he had should have had. He was a terrible game coach.

But couldn't get the results the talent he had should have had. He was a terrible game coach.

Good thing we got rid of him and hired someone that does not have that problem.:tard:

With out any knowledge of any issues behind the scenes, I'd take Dino back in a second and I regret expressing any frustration with him as an HC. He should have had another couple of seasons. Wellman made a mistake not applying the interim lablel when he first hired him, but Dino was showing signs of improvement and learning on the job. He deserved more time. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

With out any knowledge of any issues behind the scenes, I'd take Dino back in a second and I regret expressing any frustration with him as an HC. He should have had another couple of seasons. Wellman made a mistake not applying the interim lablel when he first hired him, but Dino was showing signs of improvement and learning on the job. He deserved more time. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

So which guy that that we got rid of did we regret more and wish we could put him back: Sadam Hussein or Dino Gaudio.

We have a better shot with Dino since he was not executed, but I don't see it happening.

If Dino had gotten one more season like he deserved, we would be in a very different situation now. Even if Dino's fourth year results were similar to [name redacted]'s that season and he were fired at that point, I would think the entire chain of events would be different. But nothing to be done about it now. I wish Dino the best and hope that he is happy in his new position.

Last edited:
Happy for Dino. Great dude and like has already been said, he got shit on. Did what I thought was a great job. Fuck Louisville. Makes it harder for me to hate them now.

If Dino had gotten one more season like he deserved, we would be in a very different situation now. Even if Dino's fourth year results were similar to [name redacted]'s that season and he were fired at that point, I would think the entire chain of events would be different. But nothing to be done about it now. I wish Dino the best and hope that he is happy in his new position.

If Dino had of gotten another year, Wake likely wins closer to 18 games than 8. Pack line D plus a non-moron coach plus down ACC would likely have kept wake on a normal trajectory.

Wellman is a clown.

Back