• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jordan Brand Classic - 5PM EST on ESPN2, Jaylen Hoard playing

Hoard is a rarity in these type games, he actually didn't try to wow people, just played really good ball and unselfishly

Yeah. Chaundee was the same way last year. Melo too.

Didn’t watch the second half yet. Any stats?

LSU signee Emmit Williams had 44 points. And he had this quote: Williams said. “As you can see, I told the players, ‘We’re all going to eat.’ I had 44 points, but guys were passing me the ball. It’s not like I was just taking a lot of shots. I’m glad people are noticing me now. I wasn’t a McDonald’s All-American, and I know I should have been one and I made a statement why I should have been one. I may take tomorrow off, but Tuesday, I’ll be back in the gym.”

LSU signee Emmit Williams had 44 points. And he had this quote: Williams said. “As you can see, I told the players, ‘We’re all going to eat.’ I had 44 points, but guys were passing me the ball. It’s not like I was just taking a lot of shots. I’m glad people are noticing me now. I wasn’t a McDonald’s All-American, and I know I should have been one and I made a statement why I should have been one. I may take tomorrow off, but Tuesday, I’ll be back in the gym.”

The last 10 minutes or so it was obvious that both teams were just letting him score to break Lebron's record. On play the top PG on the other team basically handed Williams the ball at midcourt and watched the "breakaway" slam.

Unless he comes up with an outside shot, Williams will be a very good college player but will have no place in the NBA as a 6'6 PF.

Nike hoop classic tonight at 10pm on ESPN 2. J.Hoard leads the World team (I hope) against the good old USA.

I remember watching Darius Songaila in this game way back in the day. One of his teammates was a skinny German kid named Dirk Nowitzki.

So far it is much more entertaining than the all star games as you’ve got two teams trying to win. Now if RJ Barrett will ever pass, Jaylen may get some shots.

Jaylen not getting the ball but has 4pts and prob. 6 or so rebounds in first qtr.

So far it is much more entertaining than the all star games as you’ve got two teams trying to win. Now if RJ Barrett will ever pass, Jaylen may get some shots.

Holy shit, Barrett may be one of the most selfish players I have ever seen. He is certainly a bonafide chucker. He had a 4 on 1 and a 3 on 1, in which he could have easily dished to a teammate for a dunk, but instead he ended up just keeping it and forcing really tough shots both times. Definitely doesn't seem like a fun guy to play with. Everyone will spooge over Duke at the beginning of the year, and then they will implode at the end of the year with no veteran leadership.

Holy shit, Barrett may be one of the most selfish players I have ever seen. He is certainly a bonafide chucker. He had a 4 on 1 and a 3 on 1, in which he could have easily dished to a teammate for a dunk, but instead he ended up just keeping it and forcing really tough shots both times. Definitely doesn't seem like a fun guy to play with. Everyone will spooge over Duke at the beginning of the year, and then they will implode at the end of the year with no veteran leadership.
For their rankings, Zion and Barrett really aren't all that impressive. I like Reddish the most out of those 3.

For their rankings, Zion and Barrett really aren't all that impressive. I like Reddish the most out of those 3.

Zion is going to have to grow his game dramatically to become a good NBA player.

Jaylen with a flurry. 11 points with a good number of rebounds. Smooth player who lets the game come to him rather than forcing things. Me likey!

Hoard's not going to have any issues playing the 3 or the 4 in the ACC. He must be working his ass off, much stronger now than a year ago.

Back