• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jordan Brand Classic - 5PM EST on ESPN2, Jaylen Hoard playing

Thank you ESPN2 for prioritizing big softball chicks from the SEC, as I'm sure this really brings in the ratings.

Only watched a few minutes but def seems to be playing more pick and pop stretch 4 than wing.

HUH? He's hit a three, a mid-range J and follow dunk. He tried to fill the lanes on two breaks. He's not a broad guy. He looks like a classic SF.

He played about seven minutes, had 7 points on 3/4 shooting.

HUH? He's hit a three, a mid-range J and follow dunk. He tried to fill the lanes on two breaks. He's not a broad guy. He looks like a classic SF.

He played about seven minutes, had 7 points on 3/4 shooting.
He was setting screens and rolling or staying out for the 3. He was playing the 4 in the minutes I was watching. Like I said, just an observation off the literally 2 or 3 minutes I was watching.

ESPN just called him a SF on that last basket. He is probably best classified as a combo forward, normally a 3 but also a small ball 4.

From all I've of seen of Hoard, we really want him out and running. He's a really tough match-up. In sets, he seems to like to have the ball in his hands.

This is the worst D I've seen in a while in an all star game.

Swider is such a perfect fit for Nova.

The more I think about Zion. The more I think of a stronger Gene Banks. Each was a total freak in HS. Truly grown ass men playing against boys. At 6'6, Zion is going to really need to work on bball skills.

These teams are heavy with wing players so Hoard is playing the 4.

Ayo would have been a nice player for us. He’s a creative PG.

Wake has a long history of good played who aren’t a good fit for an All-Star game format. Chaundee was kind of passive but good in the Iverson last year. Hoard is passive here. Even Duncan was pretty passive in his many All-Star games.

He was setting screens and rolling or staying out for the 3. He was playing the 4 in the minutes I was watching. Like I said, just an observation off the literally 2 or 3 minutes I was watching.

re: screens - These French guys seem to be taught to do that at an early age. Sarr does it. Lorng allegedly does it and so does Hoard.

Good catch...

BTW, Ayo has two lay-ups. On one of them, he basket hung and waited for an outlet. They had him playing mostly off the ball.

I think Hoard is the kind of guy that will get a lot better with better teammates

If we can get Dixon to commit on his visit next weekend, and Craw and Doral to come back I think we could have a nice starting 5 of Craw/Dixon/Brown/Hoard/Doral.

I like Emmitt Williams - high energy, loves his teammates, def had gimme buckets though. Little will be 1nDone for Roy. The last 10 minutes of that game were bullish** but whatever its an allstar game.

Last edited:
Back