• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Jamie Lewis is a real enigma to all of us and all the predictors. He hasn't played serious basketball games in two years.

8fbd727808444d0ddd9158ffa4e562ad.png

From GSU website

Wake has his name spelled "Shamaine" and tje pronunciation as "shuh-mane." Somebody needs to find him and clarify.

That is why he was nicknamed "Joe" at Wake.

He was Joe before Wake. Neither name is particularly hard to pronounce.

Just thought I'd throw this out there (from someone who has watches a few practices and talked to the players regularly) but remember there have been few practices so far and this will likely change over time.
Hoard is as good or probably better than advertised, he is a stud
Childress looks better shooting and is strong but is still short unfortunately but make no mistake, this is his team
Chaundee has better fundamentals but still is inconsistent with his 3 ball
Sarr has bulked up but still somewhat timid at times
Smart is a grown ass man and will hurt somebody this year but not a skilled guy
Torry Johnson has been somewhat of a disappointment
Jamie Lewis has looked really good at times but has to strengthen his core more to be effective in the ACC, does have a nice shot though. (I think Horn will get it done here)
Mucius has been the biggest surprise so far, very very good and is getting stronger
Melo is pretty much the same player who can't shoot but provides energy, still needs more mass but has made some progress there
Have heard little about Okeke except he is physical but needs to work harder in the developmental areas in the individual workout segments
Wynn is another one I haven't heard much about but I don't think he is even participating until classes start
Sharone Wright is close to Mucius as being the most pleasant surprise, I was told he could be a pro in a few years (I know, I know, maybe a little hyperbolic here)
Even though he has to sit out, Adrien White will be a good one for us

Now these are not my observations but I do trust my source on this and all this should be taken with caution as it is so early yet.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this out there (from someone who has watches a few practices and talked to the players regularly) but remember there have been few practices so far and this will likely change over time.
Childress looks better shooting and is strong but is still short unfortunately but make no mistake, this is his team
Jamie Lewis has looked really good at times but has to strengthen his core more to be effective in the ACC, does have a nice shot though. (I think Horn will get it done here)
Mucius has been the biggest surprise so far, very very good and is getting stronger
Melo is pretty much the same player who can't shoot but provides energy, still needs more mass but has made some progress there
Have heard little about Okeke except he is physical but needs to work harder in the developmental areas in the individual workout segments
Wynn is another one I haven't heard much about but I don't think he is even participating until classes start
Sharone Wright is close to Mucius as being the most pleasant surprise, I was told he could be a pro in a few years (I know, I know, maybe a little hyperbolic here)

Now these are not my observations but I do trust my source on this and all this should be taken with caution as it is so early yet.

Have Chaundee’s ball skills improved at all?

I’ll take it

Have Chaundee’s ball skills improved at all?

Yes, he is coming along nicely and could see some time at the 2, don't take that to mean he has arrived totally but he has definitely improved ball skills

So a starting lineup of Childress, Wright, Brown, Hoard, and Sarr with Lewis, Mucius, and Smart providing most of the back-up minutes?

Manning is going to play Torry Johnson plenty. No way Wright starts over him.

Mucius will be a stud for Wake, mark it down

Sounds positive about the four frosh. Hope that Mike Wynn can contribute as well.

I'm curious how a spectator judges someone's core strength from watching a few practices?

I'm curious how a spectator judges someone's core strength from watching a few practices?

First sentence in the write includes the phrase "...talked to the players regularly..." It would be reasonable to get info about strength and conditioning needs from conversations.

Back