• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Why is there a line right down the middle of the paint?

welcome to the club? I was never not in that club

how are you defining "top 40"?

oh and I missed this part

the 19-loss team went 2-16 in the ACC

and 16.

they lost with a little more style than the 8-24 outfit, but they still lost a shit ton of games, including some horrific losses

not willing to state they were "much, much better" than...just about anything

Maybe that welcome was premature. That 2-16 team would be favored by about 9 points on a neutral floor. That’s much much better. The 2-16 team was actually closer to being the Top 40 team than it was to being the 8-24 team.

I admit that it would be kind of fun to see our shitty teams from the past play each other to see which of our glaring deficiencies really shined head to head.

Would one team’s complete lack of defense trump another’s inability to make a basket down the stretch?

How would culture issues fare against a team that hates each other?

How about Bz’s clearly superior defensive mind vs. Manning’s... uh... vs. Manning’s whatever he has.

Let’s lace ‘em up!

New court in this video. Paint is black and the Deacon head is gone.

Floor looks good to me.

Also nice to see that our closeouts and help defense are in mid season form.

Mucius is tall. It’s good news that we’re going to have some length this year.

#NewBeginnings

I admit that it would be kind of fun to see our shitty teams from the past play each other to see which of our glaring deficiencies really shined head to head.

Would one team’s complete lack of defense trump another’s inability to make a basket down the stretch?

How about Bz’s clearly superior defensive mind vs. Manning’s... uh... vs. Manning’s whatever he has.

Let’s lace ‘em up!

Wake’s average defensive ranking under [Redacted]: 183

Wake’s average defensive ranking under Manning: 139.8

Let’s lace ‘em up!

This post might be rock bottom.

Floor looks good to me.

Also nice to see that our closeouts and help defense are in mid season form.

Mucius is tall. It’s good news that we’re going to have some length this year.

#NewBeginnings

Whoa, Zeke. Dig. (trying to be semi-postive.)

Maybe that welcome was premature. That 2-16 team would be favored by about 9 points on a neutral floor. That’s much much better. The 2-16 team was actually closer to being the Top 40 team than it was to being the 8-24 team.

I’ll ask again

How are you defining “Top 40”?

Wake’s average defensive ranking under [Redacted]: 183

How could you possibly take this post seriously enough to go and check the stats then write a post refuting the premise?

Wake’s average defensive ranking under [name redacted]: 183

Sorry, but this doesn't account for the talent available to each coach and the relative strength of the defenses across the entire NCAA compared year over year. Surely you're not suggesting that such a simple comparison is valid for drawing a conclusion?!

How could you possibly take this post seriously enough to go and check the stats then write a post refuting the premise?

It took five minutes and supports my general overall point re: Manning and [Redacted]. I still have scars inflicted by the sunshine brigade that are reopened by any revisionist history of that era, serious or not.

I’ll make the offer again to anyone who doesn’t want to wait 5 months. Start a “Manning is as bad as [Redacted] circle jerk” thread and I’ll stay off it.

Hey folks, take it FWIW but I'm hearing we are not looking very good this off season. I know this comes as a shock to all, but I figured I'd tempter out massive expectations for the 2018-2019 Deacs.

Back