• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Will we be playing RJR or Tabor in our closed scrimmage?

I don't know, Tabor might be having a down year after losing a player to VT. Had he come back it may have been a toss up. Good thing Rusty LaRue's team wasn't an option, don't want our guys to have to play a team that is actually coached up.

again - according to whom was WF a "top 40 team"?

https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/arch/compare2017-19.htm

and - losing 19 games in 3 of 4 years (or winning less than 30% of ACC games in 3 of 4 years) - is that (please choose one):

A. sucking
B. not sucking

It looks like Kirkpatrick, Pomeroy, Fleming, Sagarin, Peer Rankings, T-Rank, Hawklytics, Logan, The Power rankings, TeamRankings predictor, Sagarin Predictor, Matchup Zone, ESPN BPI, Inpredictable, Forseth ERFunction, Statfox, Rissler, Haslametrics, Sport Theory, Pigskin, 7OT, and Moore. At a minimum.

I’m sure all of those rankings are equally accurate.

and - losing 19 games in 3 of 4 years (or winning less than 30% of ACC games in 3 of 4 years) - is that (please choose one):

A. sucking
B. not sucking

Does watching your team lose 19 games suck? Yes.

Did those particular teams suck? Yes, to varying degrees.

Does the mere fact that a team lost 19 games and more than 70% of their league games tell me a whole lot about the quality of the team? No. It gives me a pretty broad idea about the range of possibilities, but that’s about it.

It looks like Kirkpatrick, Pomeroy, Fleming, Sagarin, Peer Rankings, T-Rank, Hawklytics, Logan, The Power rankings, TeamRankings predictor, Sagarin Predictor, Matchup Zone, ESPN BPI, Inpredictable, Forseth ERFunction, Statfox, Rissler, Haslametrics, Sport Theory, Pigskin, 7OT, and Moore. At a minimum.

I’m sure all of those rankings are equally accurate.

Too bad 30+ ranking systems and the composite rank have WF outside the top 40

that's ok, you can switch to "top 45", which matters almost as much as "top 40"

no response from A or B?

Does watching your team lose 19 games suck? Yes.

Did those particular teams suck? Yes, to varying degrees.

Does the mere fact that a team lost 19 games and more than 70% of their league games tell me a whole lot about the quality of the team? No. It gives me a pretty broad idea about the range of possibilities, but that’s about it.

got it. you need to run to the model for confirmation

So, is there any reason for hope this season? Any reason to think we could move up and finish at least in the top 10 of the league this year? I know the freshman class is supposed to be good, but most predictions have us 2nd to last I think.

LOL

I don't believe Rusty is coaching anywhere these days is he? He resigned from West Forsyth earlier this year. He took a new job as COO or something like that of Dario's.

I think Les took it down, but he tweeted a comment from Brandon Childress that Mike Wynn can "shoot the piss out of the ball."

The Mike Wynn hype train is warming up... You might want to get on board before it leaves the station, y'all.

I think Les took it down, but he tweeted a comment from Brandon Childress that Mike Wynn can "shoot the piss out of the ball."

The Mike Wynn hype train is warming up... You might want to get on board before it leaves the station, y'all.

When Brandon can begin to shoot a FG% over 40% I'll take his scouting of shooters seriously.

Back