• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Our defensive efficiency went up from 176 last year to 130 this year. Obviously still not good, but replace Collins with Doral and Arians with Chaundee and that is likely a big factor in that. Craw, Wilbekin, and TT were all still bad defenders though.

Our defensive efficiency went up from 176 last year to 130 this year. Obviously still not good, but replace Collins with Doral and Arians with Chaundee and that is likely a big factor in that. Craw, Wilbekin, and TT were all still bad defenders though.

And at least two of them won't be playing for Wake next season.

I have a bad feeling that those of us expecting NCAAs next year will be severely disappointed.

Particularly when it doesn't even lead to a new coach. If we get no tourney, and yet no new coach, this board will be a miserable wasteland. You know, as opposed to the happy little place it is now.

When is the full season schedule typically announced?

Change the title to reflect the news if you're going to get the other thread deleted.

Based upon the news that Doral is gone and Crawford seems about to follow, of the nine players that received more than 10% of the team's minutes last year (players that averaged at least 4 minutes a game), WF will return three (or four if BC stays) players from its 11-20 (4-15) team: Childress, Chaundee and Sarr. That's 23% of its offense; 24% of its rebounding, and 36% of its assists. If Crawford returns, the numbers improve to: 41% ppg, 32% rpg and 70% apg. Either way, WF returns very little from a bad team. Guess the term "addition by subtraction" will be tested.

Not a great position to be in heading into a season where the head coach's future is expected to be judged.

Last edited:
At the risk of disclosing too much about myself, I just noticed that Ryan Horn posted a pic of Melo hitting 200lbs on the scale today in his Instagram stories.

That's good stuff for a guy listed at 6'8", 190lbs on our roster last season.

Would love to see Melo contribute positively to next year's team.

Horn posted a bunch of videos of the guys working out today.

Sarr looks bigger & stronger already... I mean, he still has a long way to go, but the improvement is noticeable.

Looked like Woods was still in there working out with the guys.

More Ryan Horn Instagram stories today. I won’t post anything on here because I don’t think they are designed to be posted on a public forum. But I recommend him as a good follow.

Gist was some “before” photos of Sarr and laughter. Along with a Titanic-themed celebration that he’s moved out of the 220s.

Looks good. 230 isn’t ridiculously skinny for a 7 footer. Making progress.

Jersey numbers for new players:

Ded29ZkW4AEPT0r.jpg:large

Is lorng not coming to wake??

On the BB recruiting thread, there is a report that he is in academic limbo. Not exactly the type of player that you want your program using an academic exception on.

Last edited:
When does summer school start? Curious as to when (if?) we will get our first Jamie Lewis sighting.

Is lorng not coming to wake??

Some of the best recruiting news we've gotten in a while. Manning tried to stick us with his own Rondale Watson and couldn't even get him into school.

Back