• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

How has a reporter not asked Wellman, "You fired Dino Gaudio due to what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has not won an NCAA Tournament game since Gaudio's firing and has only been to one NCAA Tournament since then, how would you assess your own decision-making in the last 8 years?"

Massive journalistic failure.

Agree w Ayo...it’s really the only question I want an answer to. Please will somebody have the balls to ask this one simple question

How has a reporter not asked Wellman, "You fired Dino Gaudio due to what you described as a lack of postseason success. Given the program has not won an NCAA Tournament game since Gaudio's firing and has only been to one NCAA Tournament since then, how would you assess your own decision-making in the last 8 years?"

Massive journalistic failure.

Good question. Why don't we ask him. Develop a link with that question that can be sent to his email address. Everyone who would like an answer can sign and forward it.

Best case is probably some foreign player. Didn't Dinos show up on the radar in mid/late summer?

Lots of words in that article. I don't think I learned anything with the possible exception that Manning seems all too comfortable.

Seems everyone in power associated with Wake Basketball is way too comfortable with losing.

Just shows you can get used to anything.

Losing begets losing.

And we have been getting alot of losing over a decade.

Lots of words in that article. I don't think I learned anything with the possible exception that Manning seems all too comfortable.

Seems everyone in power associated with Wake Basketball is way too comfortable with losing.

Just shows you can get used to anything.

Well said. Winning is a happy coincidence that is rewarded with loyalty and reduced accountability.

Can’t control whether the ball goes into the hole, can’t control if someone transfers...this is shaping up like the [redacted] defense position. We’ll be lucky if Manning only had one more year...

I can't read anything Wellman says or writes without getting steamed because it's so thoroughly insulting to the intelligence of Wake fans. I can't believe WFU would employ anybody at his pay grade with such poor communication skills.

Can’t control whether the ball goes into the hole, can’t control if someone transfers...this is shaping up like the [redacted] defense position. We’ll be lucky if Manning only had one more year...

The AD needs to recite the serenity prayer a few more times, it seems.

The accountability gauge is on E.

Jamie Lewis exists, y'all.

Last edited:
I was coming here to post that. Don’t want to speak too soon obviously, but Lewis looks like he has a solid shot and movement is there in the video. There aren’t any really hard cuts obviously but it’s encouraging.

No one hits threes even in practice...that's not good...

I haven’t seen the whole thing yet. Who hit more threes? Jayson Tatum in a minute or our entire team in over 3 minutes?

Lewis looks like the second coming of Tony Rutland.

Back