• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Creamy from 4 days ago:

I’m over Basketball. We are a Football school. Pretty damn good baseball program too. And of course we kick ass at the country club spoartz too

Creamy today:

These are the hoops version of the Fresh Deacs.

I'm holding out hope. It'll probably hurt me in the long run....But Go Deacs

Good ole fickle Creamster.

Creamy from 4 days ago:

Creamy today:

Good ole fickle Creamster.

It's the boards, man. Where, like, it's cool to make off the cuff comments. Both comments were obviously not meant to be taken seriously. I mean "Spoartz"...Comparing our team to the Fresh Deacs who won an ACC title.

It's pretty easy to differentiate my semi-serious posts from my random off the cuff comments and far fetched comparisons.

Funny that you pointed that out, though.

Ol' Les not doing the boys any favors putting out that first video.

I'm just happy somebody along the way at least acknowledged where the video originated, instead of just dropping it in here as if from the sky. (I'm talking about you again, Ayo)

Yeah. . we were only allowed to shoot video for a few minutes, so it is what it is.

Smart a little shorter than 6.10. Hoard filling out and getting stronger, Childress and Wright hitting their 3s. Don’t think Melo was in either video.

Smart a little shorter than 6.10. Hoard filling out and getting stronger, Childress and Wright hitting their 3s. Don’t think Melo was in either video.

Good catch. I'd asked to speak to Melo and was told he had some sort of scheduling conflict (perhaps with class, but I honestly can't remember now). Nothing of which to be alarmed.

I'm just happy somebody along the way at least acknowledged where the video originated, instead of just dropping it in here as if from the sky. (I'm talking about you again, Ayo)

The video literally has your logo in the upper left corner. It's not like he copy/pasted some text and didn't attribute it. Your passive aggressive posts about people not noticing when you've written about a topic aren't a good look man. This doesn't help either.

2 parts of that video excite me:

1- Sarr has beefed up and is clearly going to be able to bang*, as well as be used as a stretch 5.
2- Jamie Lewis exists and looks pretty smooth

Beefing up is helpful...he still needs to learn to bang, especially since everyone seems so convinced his game is suited to the stretch despite not really showing us anything to be excited about from outside the arch last season.

Beefing up is helpful...he still needs to learn to bang, especially since everyone seems so convinced his game is suited to the stretch despite not really showing us anything to be excited about from outside the arch last season.

He played at McDonalds? Cool!

The video literally has your logo in the upper left corner. It's not like he copy/pasted some text and didn't attribute it. Your passive aggressive posts about people not noticing when you've written about a topic aren't a good look man. This doesn't help either.

I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW in this thread and there is no logo of mine showing. None. If you click to watch it in You Tube, I'm sure it does.

It takes literally no effort to add "Les posted this earlier tonight." None. Easy. Not too much to ask for.

Or even "Les has confirmed that Jamie Lewis exists, y'all." think it added one word, but properly attributed.

And Ayo has done crap like that a few other times. And I wasn't being a jerk about it. I just mentioned it casually. So it's whatever.

Last edited:
I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW in this thread and there is no logo of mine showing. None. If you click to watch it in You Tube, I'm sure it does.

It takes literally no effort to add "Les posted this earlier tonight." None. Easy. Not too much to ask for.

Or even "Les has confirmed that Jamie Lewis exists, y'all." think it added one word, but properly attributed.

And Ayo has done crap like that a few other times. And I wasn't being a jerk about it. I just mentioned it casually. So it's whatever.

The defensiveness doesn't win you any customers. The passive aggressive "doesn't anyone read what I write?1!!?" posts when it's a single comment buried in an article about another topic don't help either. If your product is good and worth the price of admission, people will pay for it.

As for the YouTube video...

9c01735d15c97c1ceaa717a54b985fe3.jpg

The defensiveness doesn't win you any customers. The passive aggressive "doesn't anyone read what I write?1!!?" posts when it's a single comment buried in an article about another topic don't help either. If your product is good and worth the price of admission, people will pay for it.

As for the YouTube video...

9c01735d15c97c1ceaa717a54b985fe3.jpg

Mind me asking what browser? It's not on there for me on Chrome, Edge or on my phone (and I'm only signed into the You Tube account on one of those).

I forgot I was subscribed to you on YouTube, Les. I honestly thought it came from the Wake Forest Athletics channel that I'm also subscribed to. I didn't look closely when I clicked. I've slipped like 3 times in like 4 years. My bad. Thanks for the video.

I forgot I was subscribed to you on YouTube, Les. I honestly thought it came from the Wake Forest Athletics channel that I'm also subscribed to. I didn't look closely when I clicked. I've slipped like 3 times in like 4 years. My bad. Thanks for the video.

Haha. You're good. According to Racer, the logo shows up for him, which obviously would have been more than good enough imho.

It certainly don't show for me in any format I look though, and I have no idea why.

I greatly apologize if I've inappropriately used sarcasm at any time in the last month to try to promote my work covering the Deacs. Inadvertently, I guess, I thought that was an important ingredient to fit in and contribute on this message board.

I will completely play it straight-forward from here on out.

Here is an article from today that you folks may or may not enjoy about what Manning had to say about Crawford and Moore's decision to stay in the NBA Draft.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...o-Wake-Forest-coach-Danny-Manning--119456363/

I greatly apologize if I've inappropriately used sarcasm at any time in the last month to try to promote my work covering the Deacs. Inadvertently, I guess, I thought that was an important ingredient to fit in and contribute on this message board.

I will completely play it straight-forward from here on out.

Here is an article from today that you folks may or may not enjoy about what Manning had to say about Crawford and Moore's decision to stay in the NBA Draft.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...o-Wake-Forest-coach-Danny-Manning--119456363/

Good short piece. You could include any of those quotes with a smokin’ Danny Manning meme.

Did you choose the picture with Cat Barber on purpose?

Good short piece. You could include any of those quotes with a smokin’ Danny Manning meme.

Did you choose the picture with Cat Barber on purpose?

Yes and no. The old quotes from Manning I pulled from Nov. 2016 actually went on to talk about Barber. I'll throw them on here real quick:
"Look at Cat Barber. That is one of the most talented cats the ACC has seen in quite some time. He led the league in scoring. He didn’t get drafted. He just got cut my Philadelphia, and he’s a damn good basketball player. It’s also fit, timing and so many other things that go into it. Cat Barber is going to play in the NBA. People don’t look at that. They don’t understand that. I know Cat, and recruited Cat when I was at Kansas. I’m not being disrespectful at all. It’s just a tough gig.”

So I searched for photos with both Crawford and Moore, the 'best' one had just been used by another journalist yesterday (they were flying in the air kind of chest bumping each other) so I continued looking and saw the one with Barber. Thought it was ironic, so I used it.

Back