• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Thanks. Cat had a better college career than Crawford or Moore and Manning thought he would eventually get on an NBA roster. Instead he’s bounced between the G League and Israel and he’s a forgotten player at 23.

The defensiveness doesn't win you any customers. The passive aggressive "doesn't anyone read what I write?1!!?" posts when it's a single comment buried in an article about another topic don't help either. If your product is good and worth the price of admission, people will pay for it.

As for the YouTube video...

9c01735d15c97c1ceaa717a54b985fe3.jpg

It's worth it. One person's opinion.

I greatly apologize if I've inappropriately used sarcasm at any time in the last month to try to promote my work covering the Deacs. Inadvertently, I guess, I thought that was an important ingredient to fit in and contribute on this message board.

Sarcasm is no big deal. But it doesn't come across as sarcasm when you're defensive about Ayo's video or when we had a back and forth about a one sentence blurb...you legitimately seemed upset that no one had noticed it buried in an article. It seemed way more personal. I get it, it's your job...just letting you know that you'll probably win more subscriptions by being glad that someone posted your video and gave it exposure rather than upset they didn't credit you to the standard you expected.

Torry Johnson will be terrible, his shot is awful, however I think most will be presently surprised by Jamie Lewis!
I thought Johnson was a walk-on when I first watched the video. He doesn't shoot or really move around like a high-D1 player. He's also a bit shorter than I was expecting. I don't think him trying to defend ACC SGs is gonna go well.

Looks like Brandon has been working hard on his release as it looks less "hitchy" at the top. He's snapping the ball out rather than "catapulting" the ball upwards. Although that may be a "heat of the action" bad habit to prevent shot deflections. Hard to tell if his vertical has improved, but there's a video on the WakeMBB twitter showing Brandon dunking off an alley oop but I have a sneaking suspicion that rim has been lowered / altered.

Sharone (#2) surprised me with the smoothness of his release and Jamie has a very, very good stroke. There may be more upside there than I realized.

Was #25 Lorng? Or is he still in limbo? And why the hell is TJ wearing #43? I hope some of these numbers are temporary.

Les said new practice jerseys haven’t arrived yet. Probably Smart you are thinking about. Also, Melo had a class.

Looks like Brandon has been working hard on his release as it looks less "hitchy" at the top. He's snapping the ball out rather than "catapulting" the ball upwards. Although that may be a "heat of the action" bad habit to prevent shot deflections. Hard to tell if his vertical has improved, but there's a video on the WakeMBB twitter showing Brandon dunking off an alley oop but I have a sneaking suspicion that rim has been lowered / altered.

Sharone (#2) surprised me with the smoothness of his release and Jamie has a very, very good stroke. There may be more upside there than I realized.

Was #25 Lorng? Or is he still in limbo? And why the hell is TJ wearing #43? I hope some of these numbers are temporary.

With nothing official from Wake about Lorng, he is still on limbo. He did not sign an LOI in the spring so Wake can't comment until he is enrolled for classes. That won't happen until he passes the NCAA Clearinghouse and Wake admissions. Maybe soon. Maybe later. Maybe never.

It really sucks that Craw and Doral didn't return. We'd have a helluva team this year.

I know. I’m kind of glad Woods didn’t return but a healthy and ready to roll Crawford and Moore and thus Team is making the NCAA tournament and possibly making a run. So annoying.

Les-

Maybe this has been covered, but what exactly was Lewis’s injury? Or injuries?

Thanks!

Appreciate all of the hard work. Now that I’m employed again, maybe I’ll pay for the product. But only if you stop with the sarcasm around here, of course.

I know. I’m kind of glad Woods didn’t return but a healthy and ready to roll Crawford and Moore and thus Team is making the NCAA tournament and possibly making a run. So annoying.

lol...wut? craw and moore made the tourny once during their time here, and it was because we had the most efficient offensive player in the country, and we still lost the play in game.

those two combined are worth MAYBE 4 extra wins if they had stayed. very far from making the tourny, let alone "making a run" in said tourney. maybe if you are reffering to the CBI?

I thought Johnson was a walk-on when I first watched the video. He doesn't shoot or really move around like a high-D1 player. He's also a bit shorter than I was expecting. I don't think him trying to defend ACC SGs is gonna go well.

That’s because he’s not a high D1 player.

Back