• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Offseason Basketball Thread: Deacs in Inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

lol...wut? craw and moore made the tourny once during their time here, and it was because we had the most efficient offensive player in the country, and we still lost the play in game.

those two combined are worth MAYBE 4 extra wins if they had stayed. very far from making the tourny, let alone "making a run" in said tourney. maybe if you are reffering to the CBI?

Your PTSD is showing. A team with Craw, Moore, Sarr, Hoard, Mucius and Brown is a not "very far from making the tourney". It would be projected to be in The Dance. "Making a run" would be about the draw.

I know. I’m kind of glad Woods didn’t return but a healthy and ready to roll Crawford and Moore and thus Team is making the NCAA tournament and possibly making a run. So annoying.

With who as coach?

This team has some nice young players but the ACC is going to be brutal. Can we still recruit a stud or two? Otherwise we are headed for another smack down season.

Last edited:
have a hard time envisioning us making a run without better in game coaching.

Your PTSD is showing. A team with Craw, Moore, Sarr, Hoard, Mucius and Brown is a not "very far from making the tourney". It would be projected to be in The Dance. "Making a run" would be about the draw.
Besides 2-3 posters on this board, who was going to look at last year's results, add two freshmen and think we were a definite tourney team?

Besides 2-3 posters on this board, who was going to look at last year's results, add two freshmen and think we were a definite tourney team?

Last year's team had a giant gaping hole at the PF position. That was filled with a five star guy. Chaundee and Sarr could reasonably be expected to be better than last season based on normal freshman to sophomore improvement. Long, quicker defender at the three position. Would have been enough improvement to make the to make the big dance.

We were 0-9 in games away from the Joel against top 100 teams last year, and now we could've made a run in the Dance if we just had Moore and Crawford? I swear some people just forget everything in the offseason.

Les-

Maybe this has been covered, but what exactly was Lewis’s injury? Or injuries?

Thanks!

Appreciate all of the hard work. Now that I’m employed again, maybe I’ll pay for the product. But only if you stop with the sarcasm around here, of course.

Thanks, ATS.

I've heard the Lewis stuff referred to as "soft tissue" injuries and/or groin issue. Sounds like a minor, yet recurring and nagging injury.

While I think there are some good to very good "chess" pieces on this team, we do not have a "Grandmaster" to manage them, more like a novice

I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW in this thread and there is no logo of mine showing. None. If you click to watch it in You Tube, I'm sure it does.

It takes literally no effort to add "Les posted this earlier tonight." None. Easy. Not too much to ask for.

Or even "Les has confirmed that Jamie Lewis exists, y'all." think it added one word, but properly attributed.

And Ayo has done crap like that a few other times. And I wasn't being a jerk about it. I just mentioned it casually. So it's whatever.

This really isn't the place to whine. You get free marketing from this website where people aren't making money. Be grateful that people are donating their time and money to this website that drives traffic to yours, where you do get paid.

Thanks, ATS.

I've heard the Lewis stuff referred to as "soft tissue" injuries and/or groin issue. Sounds like a minor, yet recurring and nagging injury.

It just seems weird that we never heard a specific injury. If it was soft tissue and/or groin then perhaps a sports "hernia" could explain the prolonged recovery.

Thanks, ATS.

Nagging groin injury while living in Vegas...hmmmmmmm...

I know. I’m kind of glad Woods didn’t return but a healthy and ready to roll Crawford and Moore and thus Team is making the NCAA tournament and possibly making a run. So annoying.

Yeah I agree that with Crawford and Moore returning with other pieces this is a tournament team. That’s definitely frustrating.

Count me as one of the 2 or 3. Although I think we could be better without Woods' efense and I dislike watching Crawford and feel he had no leadership potential from my vantage which is admittedly from across the country.

We were 0-9 in games away from the Joel against top 100 teams last year, and now we could've made a run in the Dance if we just had Moore and Crawford? I swear some people just forget everything in the offseason.

This just pisses me off. Please just disregard that we added our highest rated recruit since AFA who immediately impacted our team significantly, would see a young team get a year older and would have had depth at all positions. We all know we sucked last year- thanks for pointing that out though.

We added a potential lottery pick, two other Top 100 players and have a mobile 7' soph who is bulking up. We lost some of the worst defenders in the ACC while adding a lot of length and athleticism.

Having vastly more talent around Craw and Doral wouldn't help us...nah, it wouldn't.

I’m not going to say anything about whether or not we would have been a tourney team this year with Crawford/Moore, because it’s a complete hypothetical.

But I 100% feel like the results last year were much worse than the sum of the parts. You can say that was coaching and argue that we’ll always underperform with Manning as the head coach. I’m just not there yet, as painful as last year was.

I'm not going to argue against having the talent to be a tourney team. They blew some winnable games last year. The coaching staff let them down.

In a vacuum we would have had the talent potentially to make the tourney. Unfortunately this team exists in a different type of vacuum. The kind that is accustomed to sucking.

I’ll see myself out.

Back