• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest TBT Team

oh good grief lol. I was making a lighthearted comparison to march madness. I fully expect to take care of a squad that has the great Darius Leonard.

oh good grief lol. I was making a lighthearted comparison to march madness. I fully expect to take care of a squad that has the great Darius Leonard.

I know.
Just attempting some Thursday morning humor.

We launched an online shop - proceeds are going to go towards team travel.

Check it out here

9ithtd.jpg

Hope they aren't carrying any inventory....

There really are some miserable effing posters on here. ^^ This is Exhibit A. The culture on this Board even accepts making snide comments to Wake alumni directly that organized a Wake team for this tourney. The organizer is reaching out on the Board. Why not just support them?

Absolute garbage.

There really are some miserable effing posters on here. ^^ This is Exhibit A. The culture on this Board even accepts making snide comments to Wake alumni directly that organized a Wake team for this tourney. The organizer is reaching out on the Board. Why not just support them?

Absolute garbage.

you buying?

Just curious as to why the team logo, shown a few pages back, isn't on the shirts?

Would have loved to have put that on. Long story short, the logo is owned by TBT - they created it - and we aren't allowed to sell gear with it. TBT can, but the team individually is not allowed to.

The gear listed on our site goes directly to helping the guys travel to Richmond for the 1st / 2nd round games (if you make the sweet 16, TBT starts paying).

Looks good! I like it better than the TBT logo actually.

It's too bad general excitement for our basketball program is in the dumpster.. you would sell more shirts if we were at least historically competitive.

Would have loved to have put that on. Long story short, the logo is owned by TBT - they created it - and we aren't allowed to sell gear with it. TBT can, but the team individually is not allowed to.

The gear listed on our site goes directly to helping the guys travel to Richmond for the 1st / 2nd round games (if you make the sweet 16, TBT starts paying).

AH. Excellent reason. Figured there might be something regarding trademark etc. Didn't realize the tournament created and owned your team logo. Licensing probably not worth the effort - even for a nominal fee.

Seems strange on their part to keep ownership of the various team logos. Especially since their created logos say nothing about TBT. If I was them, I would have either "TBT" or "The Basketball Tournament" as part of every team logo I created.

Absolute garbage.

RacerDeac negrepped me for this post. His quote: "Wake fans are done with 'just supporting'...that's the way we end up with [name redacted] and Manning sucking it up for years and years."

This is the mentality of some of these posters. Dude, this has nothing to do with Wellman or Wake officially. It's just supporting a group of guys who played ball at Wake and passed through the same parts of campus we did.

RacerDeac negrepped me for this post. His quote: "Wake fans are done with 'just supporting'...that's the way we end up with [name redacted] and Manning sucking it up for years and years."

This is the mentality of some of these posters. Dude, this has nothing to do with Wellman or Wake officially. It's just supporting a group of guys who played ball at Wake and passed through the same parts of campus we did.

Thanks dad.

Yeah that's pretty dumb/petty

Edit: Moving this question to a new thread.

Last edited:
Dude, your point is fine but this should a happy thread about getting to watch some Wake guys play hoops again.

Back