• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest TBT Team

CharlotteDeac1

Reaction score
I've seen a good amount of support on Twitter for this, but if you have a spare 30 seconds - a minute you should definitely go vote for the Wake TBT team. They have to get a certain number of votes and remain inside the top 8 in their region to qualify I believe. They have announced two players to the roster so far - L.D. Williams and Travis McKie. I think it's be pretty cool to see these guys play again.

Here's the link to a tweet and their twitter account - just follow the link in the bio or the posted tweet to vote. They are announcing a member of the team every day at noon.

https://twitter.com/WakeDaNationTBT/status/982301808692428800

Might be a good idea to pin this and change the title to reflect that we need votes to qualify for the tournament.

I've been in for days... I'm not getting credit for Twitter activity, though. Anyone else having that issue?

Yeah I am as well. Not sure how to go about fixing that.

I need to collect the correct amount of $$$ when Wake wins The Tournament.

How funny would it be if a bunch of Wake Forest alums won this thing when we haven't made a dent in the real NCAA tourney in like 20+ years?

I need to collect the correct amount of $$$ when Wake wins The Tournament.

How funny would it be if a bunch of Wake Forest alums won this thing when we haven't made a dent in the real NCAA tourney in like 20+ years?

Maybe we’re just late bloomers

LD Williams
Travis McKie
Justin Gray

Gary Clark

Wonder who they'll get to play down low? Would love to see Eric Williams. Maybe Devin Thomas? Chris Ellis? David Weaver?

Interestingly, those three were all four-year players who played back-to-back-to-back, but never had one season of overlap. Spanned 12 consecutive years of Wake basketball.

Oh hell yeah!

Now I'm hyped. I was wondering who the oldest players on the roster would be. I'm guessing JGray is about it unless maybe Howard wants to give it a go. Maybe Taron?

I'm guessing Gray will be the starting PG.

If we look over the last 16 or years of Wake hoops, we kind of have a PG "problem" for this kind of set up. The only true PGs who ended their careers at Wake are playing in the NBA. I'm assuming CMM would be the backup PG for this team.

Potential starters:
PG Gray
SG LD
SF McKie
PF Thomas
C Big E

Back