• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest to be in inaugural Myrtle Beach Invitational

Edited for accuracy.

My suggestion is you argue against that then. Don’t create a faux argument 6 months in the future. There are plenty of facts to support firing Manning. If you want win an argument, then argue against something that exists. Don’t make up stuff for the future and argue against it.

Can we strive for third place? #daretodream!!!!

Let’s just play for the moral faux victory. #undefeated

I think we should actually just win next year. I won't be surprised if we don't beat a team like West Virginia, and I won't be shocked if we are upset at some point next year by a lesser team. However I do expect us to win 20 and make the NCAA tournament next year. If we don't, then Manning has received a fair shot considering the hand he was dealt from [Redacted]. I certainly dont have a problem (and I haven't seen a poster on these boards that would have a problem) with firing Manning if he produces an NIT or otherwise subpar season.

Guaranteed a top 10 finish. Hopefully it will bolster our fedex cup ranking which will then allow us to enter the coveted ACC/BIG challenge.

Yep, Tavean Hollingsworth, played in Lexington and was Mr. Basketball last year and Calipari didn't even talk to him.

As I'm sure you know, the interesting thing about UK basketball is that the players are never really from Kentucky. It's unlike, Duke, Wake, UNC, or Indiana in that regard. Kentucky, as a state, doesn't seem to put out a ton of top high school basketball talent.

Might have to miss the Pitt football game but would be a nice 4 day weekend at Myrtle Beach!

Might have to miss the Pitt football game but would be a nice 4 day weekend at Myrtle Beach!

giphy.gif

As I'm sure you know, the interesting thing about UK basketball is that the players are never really from Kentucky. It's unlike, Duke, Wake, UNC, or Indiana in that regard. Kentucky, as a state, doesn't seem to put out a ton of top high school basketball talent.

That's why last year's team was a fan favorite, you had two KY born seniors in Derek Willis and Dominique Hawkins paired with Bam, Fox and Monk.

The rising senior high school class in KY is one of the better ones in years but there is no big stud. Some 3 and 4 star guys that will play high to mid major.

Louisville has recruited some solid KY kids (starters Ray Spaulding and Quentin Snyder) and Xavier starter Quentin Goodin is also from KY. While those guys were reasonably highly regarded recruits in HS, they were not on the uber-elite level that KY recruits on. Kind of sad when the State U has no interest in State kids.

I think we should actually just win next year. I won't be surprised if we don't beat a team like West Virginia, and I won't be shocked if we are upset at some point next year by a lesser team. However I do expect us to win 20 and make the NCAA tournament next year. If we don't, then Manning has received a fair shot considering the hand he was dealt from [Redacted]. I certainly dont have a problem (and I haven't seen a poster on these boards that would have a problem) with firing Manning if he produces an NIT or otherwise subpar season.

Dude you seem like a sane person and i’ve enjoyed your posts over the years. This is a total non-sequitor for me though. What evidence have you seen that Manning could coach anyone (even the 96 Bulls) to 20 wins? His WAR as a coach is about -5. For real. I’m not trying to intentionally be pessimistic but i don’t know how anyone could look at the last few years and think that 20 wins is going to magically happen. The 16/17 team had a fair amount of talent, 4-5 professional level players and basically limped in to the last spot in the tournament and then got crushed. That team was way more talented than whatever we trot out next year.

This is another example of how Wake Forest is competing for championships!

Dude you seem like a sane person and i’ve enjoyed your posts over the years. This is a total non-sequitor for me though. What evidence have you seen that Manning could coach anyone (even the 96 Bulls) to 20 wins? His WAR as a coach is about -5. For real. I’m not trying to intentionally be pessimistic but i don’t know how anyone could look at the last few years and think that 20 wins is going to magically happen. The 16/17 team had a fair amount of talent, 4-5 professional level players and basically limped in to the last spot in the tournament and then got crushed. That team was way more talented than whatever we trot out next year.

The 2016 -2107 team had major flaws on defense. Three of the good shooters (Arians, Woods, Wilbekin) were both slow and short for the three spot, yet one of them had to play it. Major negative spot for Wake. Same at the two, because one of the three mentioned played there a lot as well. Mitiglou was still working his way back from the shoulder injury. He was also not as quick as most of his opponents. That team won on John Collins having an incredible break out year. That freed up the perimeter shooters for wide open looks. In the tournament, defense is necessary to win. Wake didn't have a very good one.

The 2018- 2019 Wake team should have guys who look like they are the correct guys for all the spots on the floor. Will they all play like it? Who knows, because a few are freshmen. But at least the size and athleticism is there.

As for pros on the 2016-2017 team So far one NBA guy (Collins) and one Euro guy (Mitiglou). At this point maybe Doral and Craw could play in Europe or South America. Not ready or capable of NBA level play. And a fifth guy is ??????

What evidence have you seen that Manning could coach anyone (even the 96 Bulls) to 20 wins?

I love posts like these. We're one season removed from 19 wins and an at-large bid.

That team was coming off a 2 win ACC season where under 5% of the boards had us making the NCAA tourney the following year, losing 3 of its top 5 scorers. Next year's team is coming off 4 wins and loses 2 of its top 5 scorers.

I love posts like these. We're one season removed from 19 wins and an at-large bid.

That team was coming off a 2 win ACC season where under 5% of the boards had us making the NCAA tourney the following year, losing 3 of its top 5 scorers. Next year's team is coming off 4 wins and loses 2 of its top 5 scorers.

Hey I’d love to be wrong. Maybe i’m way off base. The in-game coaching is a complete disaster- the talent is there but i just don’t see it happening.

I think we should actually just win next year. I won't be surprised if we don't beat a team like West Virginia, and I won't be shocked if we are upset at some point next year by a lesser team. However I do expect us to win 20 and make the NCAA tournament next year. If we don't, then Manning has received a fair shot considering the hand he was dealt from [name redacted]. I certainly dont have a problem (and I haven't seen a poster on these boards that would have a problem) with firing Manning if he produces an NIT or otherwise subpar season.

Stop the presses. Wrangor is ok firing Manning? He assured us all we would in the Sweet 16 by now! Glad you came clean.

Pitt has 0 scholarship players. I say they win more games than us next year. Bet or no bet, Wrangor?

Back