• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread: “I promise not to overlook TULANE!”

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
..and who is Willie Fritz, their $1.2 M Man, whose reputation on offense brings Mouse Davis and June Jones to mind.

Minions, disperse..all u 4channers put down your deep state crack pipes and get on the trail of this “Willie Fritz” (great old timey football name, btw)

3rd year at Tulane.

Fritz has the program on the upswing. Will not be an easy game. Tulane was tough at home last year (they don't play in the Superdome anymore, but play at Cullman field).

They went 3-2 at home beating bowl teams Army and Houston. The Wave's two home losses both came in the final seconds to ranked USF (34-28) and Cincy (17-16). Tulane plays Nichols State after WF; so, they will have spent all of the Spring Practice and Fall Practice prepping for WF. Anyone thinking that WF is just going to roll into New Orleans and crush Tulane has no clue.

2 years ago we opened with Tulane at home and won 7-3. We're should better, but so will Tulane and they will be playing at home. No one will say it, well I guess I am, but it is a big game right out of the blocks.

2 years ago we opened with Tulane at home and won 7-3. We're should better, but so will Tulane and they will be playing at home. No one will say it, well I guess I am, but it is a big game right out of the blocks.

Hinton subbed in for Wolford and led our only scoring drive. That was a ridiculously anemic offensive game on both sides.

Hinton subbed in for Wolford and led our only scoring drive. That was a ridiculously anemic offensive game on both sides.

I could be wrong, but it seems as though Tulane had a d line that game that had several transfers from the likes of LSU and Texas or somewhere that owned and beat our OLine that night like a rented mule.

Yeah, it's not gon be easy, much like any game against the triple option. Tulane kinda fell away at the end of the year but they were coming on strong before that, nearly beat USF.

Fritz will win upwards of 8 games a year there, only a matter of time

May require Hinton’s legs to pull this one out

I would've bet a lot of money that we wouldn't even sniff a bowl game that season after watching that game. Fortunately I was wrong and didn't make a bet.

I would've bet a lot of money that we wouldn't even sniff a bowl game that season after watching that game. Fortunately I was wrong and didn't make a bet.

Never bet Wake either way. You'll just end up broke. And in many cases heartbroken as well.

I had Wake on the moneyline vs. Temple that year. Don't know what you're talking about

I could be wrong, but it seems as though Tulane had a d line that game that had several transfers from the likes of LSU and Texas or somewhere that owned and beat our OLine that night like a rented mule.

That had a 200 pound linebacker that was all over the place. Pretty sure he is in the league now.

ETA: Nico Marley. Signed by the Redskins and then released

Last edited:
They had a first rounder in the middle on the d-line I think too.

I know it's early, but is anyone planning to go to Nawlins for the game?
It will be hot as crap.

FWIW, Wake would've been a 12-14 point favorite over Tulane last year on the road.

I expect the line to open around 12 to 13 for the opener this year.

FWIW, Wake would've been a 12-14 point favorite over Tulane last year on the road.

We may need to open about 12-13 beers for the opener this year.

To keep hydrated, of course.

I'll be there cheering on both of my alma maters. Fritz is the real deal. He's a program builder and runs a unique offense. Will be a great road trip. I'm happy to answer any questions for people looking to go down. Also, I look forward to tailgating with some of you.

I plan on being there. Saints are playing the Rams that night too, so the Quarter should be rock'n. Must loose ten pounds before going, so I'll fit in the airplane seat on the way back.

Would not touch. The only teams to beat Tulane by 13 or more last year were Oklahoma, Memphis, and 8-5 FIU all on the road.

New starting QB. New defense. Lots of new players in the secondary. I’m thinking we win 27-20 or so.

Back