• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Rep: If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
This deserves its own thread.

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night," he said before going off on a tangent about how the situations with Russia and China scare him. Then, "You know having Mike as President would really piss off all the right people, too. They think they hate Trump. Mike is competent," at which point he sighs and laments that there were, in his mind, more than a dozen competent choices in 2016."

"I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can't say that in public or I'd get run out of town."

https://www.themaven.net/theresurge...w/?mc_cid=10d8170a1d&mc_eid=3cc50e048e&full=1

This deserves its own thread.

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night," he said before going off on a tangent about how the situations with Russia and China scare him. Then, "You know having Mike as President would really piss off all the right people, too. They think they hate Trump. Mike is competent," at which point he sighs and laments that there were, in his mind, more than a dozen competent choices in 2016."

"I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can't say that in public or I'd get run out of town."

https://www.themaven.net/theresurge...w/?mc_cid=10d8170a1d&mc_eid=3cc50e048e&full=1

Seems fabricated. I'm sure people feel this way and are saying this kind of stuff, but as a Congressman you vent to your buddies or family, not to a reporter in the supermarket isle half "off the record". Can't prove it's made up clickbait but it seems like it.

Could be fabricated. Sure. But it reflects somebody’s feelings. It makes sense a disgruntled politician with no balls would vent to a friend who is a reporter instead of stepping out on his own.

Sounds fabricated to me. I doubt there are any Republicans that actually have a sense of humor and are self aware

I would have to agree that Forrest Gump is overrated, and would add that Hanks' job on that character is overrated as well. Just not that great.

There is no reason, at least not at a surface level, why the Republicans should impeach just because they feel they may lose in November. If they do impeach, they're sure to lose. If they don't, they will likely lose, but will be able to punt the political impeachment football to the Democrats, then do what the Republican congress has done best over 6 of the last 7 years: blame the Democrats for absolutely everything. Honestly, the Dems failing to remove him after an impeachment is probably the most surefire way to ensure a Trump victory in 2020.

Last edited:
It was written by Erick Erickson who is legitimate enough to know Members and to not write a completely fabricated story about one.

I've also heard similar anecdotes although not this strongly worded and not about impeachment.

Last edited:
totally believable that a GOP'er would feel this way yet not have the balls to come out publicly. Also, I hate Jenny from Forrest Gump with a passion. She is probably my most hated character in a movie.

Had no idea there was so much animosity toward Forrest Gump.

The Academy should give “Lifetime Achievement Awards” to films like Shawshank that have stood the rest of time or films that had a particular impact on the industry that wasn’t fully realized in the year of their release.

I think Forrest Gump was a fine film but not nearly as good as Shawshank and definitely without the legacy.

Agree that Forrest Gump is overrated. It was made for people who were nostalgic for the 60s and/or who were quick to congratulate themselves on knowing a little bit of recent American history.

Gump and Hanks are both overrated.

Hanks best roleisBosum Buddies. It's been downhill ever since.

Had no idea there was so much animosity toward Forrest Gump.

The Academy should give “Lifetime Achievement Awards” to films like Shawshank that have stood the rest of time or films that had a particular impact on the industry that wasn’t fully realized in the year of their release.

I think Forrest Gump was a fine film but not nearly as good as Shawshank and definitely without the legacy.

Dark Knight would be on the shortlist of movies that had a particular impact not realized until years later.

I loved, and still do, the movie Forrest Gump. Has a whole new meaning to me since I moved to Alabama.

Back