• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Top Hipster Cities in the World

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...aurants-coffee-shops-record-stores-2018-04-12

MW-GH271_hipste_20180412130702_NS.png

Knoxville and Orlando but no Asheville? GTFO

LOL, Tampa gets in by having 12,000 tattoo parlors.

The relocation firm looked at 446 cities around the world and examined five critical data points to determine the most hipster city: the number of vegan eateries, coffee shops, tattoo studios, vintage boutiques, and record stores per 100,000 residents.

How do they not factor in the number of craft breweries/taprooms/distilleries/wineries? With bonus points if said craft establishment also offers a running club, dog park, or "locally-sourced" anything. That seems like a glaring omission.

How do they not factor in the number of craft breweries/taprooms/distilleries/wineries? With bonus points if said craft establishment also offers a running club, dog park, or "locally-sourced" anything. That seems like a glaring omission.

It's like you don't even know what a hipster is. I guess I don't really know anymore either.

Surprised to see Salt Lake City on the list. Don't usually think of Mormons as being big on either tattoos or coffee.

SLC is an underrated city. I definitely went with an expectation of it being stuffy but it seems like every young person in Utah lives there so there’s stuff to do.

Yeah. I had a conference there last year and brought my family. We all loved it. The summer stuff at Snowbird was cool. Antelope Island was great. My boys enjoyed the dinosaur museums. Great scenery. Going back for another conference this summer.

SLC is an underrated city. I definitely went with an expectation of it being stuffy but it seems like every young person in Utah lives there so there’s stuff to do.

Yes. I agree that SLC is a great place. I was surprised at how it placed given that tattoo parlors an coffee shops were two of the five criteria. Also Mormon and outdoorsy don't make an obvious lead to "vegan restaurants."

Back