• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump to pardon Scooter Libby

2e4g7cl.jpg

Oh that's right...Scooter was convicted of obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI. Hmm.

A question for the lawyers. Since accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt according to the SC, can that admission of guilt be used by prosecutors in state or local courts as de facto confessions for charges in their jurisdictions?

I think there are too many circumstances where pardons are extended for other reasons for a court to accept a pardon as a de facto admission of guilt.

so leaking classified information is OK now? So confusing.

As long as it hurts Dems and America, it's perfectly OK.

The second point is Trump has no clue who Scooter Libby is or what he did. But he knows doing this shows his peeps that they can get a pardon if they keep their mouths shut.

It's funny but I don't recall the Tunnels' Left selective outrage when Obama commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning after committing the biggest breach of classified information in US History.

The second point is Trump has no clue who Scooter Libby is or what he did. But he knows doing this shows his peeps that they can get a pardon if they keep their mouths shut.

And it also seems like he's trying to troll Comey.

It's funny but I don't recall the Tunnels' Left selective outrage when Obama commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning after committing the biggest breach of classified information in US History.

What’s the basis of this comparison?

Manning served 7 years in jail. Did Libby ever serve time?

No, because Bradley wanted to cut his dick off, so it doesn't count. Comparison voided.

I hate having to read the "nobody even knew who Scooter Libby was until now!" posts on Facebook. Yeah, and I don't hear Christmas songs on the radio in July. Turns out, some things just turn up when they do.

I hate having to read the "nobody even knew who Scooter Libby was until now!" posts on Facebook. Yeah, and I don't hear Christmas songs on the radio in July. Turns out, some things just turn up when they do.

Seriously? Are these people who just started following politics?

What’s the basis of this comparison?

Manning served 7 years in jail. Did Libby ever serve time?

W commuted Libby's sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby

After a failed appeal, President Bush commuted Libby's sentence of 30 months in federal prison, leaving the other parts of his sentence intact.[8] As a consequence of his conviction in United States v. Libby, Libby's license to practice law was suspended until being reinstated in 2016.[3]

W commuted Libby's sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby

After a failed appeal, President Bush commuted Libby's sentence of 30 months in federal prison, leaving the other parts of his sentence intact.[8] As a consequence of his conviction in United States v. Libby, Libby's license to practice law was suspended until being reinstated in 2016.[3]

So what was Angus' point? Obama let Manning rot in prison for 7 years before commuting her sentence. Bush made sure Libby never had to go to prison.

So what was Angus' point? Obama let Manning rot in prison for 7 years before commuting her sentence. Bush made sure Libby never had to go to prison.

"But Hillary."

Back