• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barbara Bush Passed Away

this fresno state professor has stirred it up with her comments....

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/education/article209227364.html

hopefully the pitchfork crowd can either a) muster up a good mob to go run her out of her job, or b) show some self-awareness next time a republican says something inflammatory. Not counting on either.

She may have crossed a line by giving out the suicide prevention hotline number as her office number and causing an extreme load of non relevant calls to the suicide prevention line, making it difficult for legitimate valls to get through and burdening staff there.

If she wants the right to say controversial stuff, she needs to not push the blow back onto an otherwise uninvolved third party.

She may have crossed a line by giving out the suicide prevention hotline number as her office number and causing an extreme load of non relevant calls to the suicide prevention line, making it difficult for legitimate valls to get through and burdening staff there.

If she wants the right to say controversial stuff, she needs to not push the blow back onto an otherwise uninvolved third party.
And that bullshit probably pissed off a lot of her potential allies. Total dick move.

ETA: typo

Last edited:
I'd separate Lindsay Shepherd from the other 2 assholes but yeah free speech is free speech. I do believe there should be consequences for bad judgment but I do not want people's free speech taken away either.

Why not Lindsay Shepherd? I know much less about her case than the McAdams one which I've been following for a couple years. Is it that her situation is straight freedom of speech where McAdams was actually (and hypocritically) outraged by someone else utilizing *their* freedom of speech?

Because it seems like the Shepherd situation is pretty equivalent to the case of the TA that McAdams was bullying.

Yeah. She could have written a opinion piece about Barbara’s worst qualities. But doing it like that is a dick move.

right, because you get offended when someone points out that it's pretty gross to claim to be ambivalent about everything when really you just want the right to be dick

I'm just not a hysterical bitch about everything like the rest of you ninnies. Go back to your political forum and badmouth me there.

right, because you get offended when someone points out that it's pretty gross to claim to be ambivalent about everything when really you just want the right to be dick
I honestly can't think of a single issue that ELC has expressed ambivalence about. He's one of our very least ambivalent posters. Maybe only PhDeac and RJ are more so.

Back