• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

“It’s a very talented group. It’ll be a young group, but it’ll be a talented group. It’ll be our job to mold them and help them grow and develop. And we’ll be extremely competitive in the process — that’s the goal.”

What WellMan and Mannequin don't understand is no one here cares about competitive. We want wins, and competitive means nothing to the fan base deprived of wins for a decade.

Yeah in year 5 wins are the only goal we need to have. Though I don’t know what else he can really say. I’d assume he’s pretty pissed and dumbfounded by the decision himself (I don’t know that for sure obviously) but he can’t say that publicly.

It would be huge if Lewis could come in and be productive but who tf knows what or who this guy even is.

This seems like an insanely bad decision, but my guess is he doesn’t hate wake or Manning - he just doesn’t care all that much about education and someone has been telling him he can make it in the NBA.

With the pace the NBA is played at today, Doral might actually keel over on the court if he were ever to make an NBA roster.

Love how so many of you are assuming Doral is sum simple-minded dumbass who doesn't value education or appreciate WFU. If he was smart enough and worked hard enough to get to this point, why couldnt he be on the verge of graduating? And who the hell are you people to say he’s making a bad decision when you dont know everything he knows about his own damn situation??

Sick of this holier than thou, I know better than “negative” (ahem its called fucking realism) fan lot who think the more pragmatic assessment of things equates to enjoying this never-ending sink hole descent of a once storied program. Let it play out and then judge if you must. But aside from the immediacy of Doral’s decision maybe a few of you ought start seeing the damn forest thru the trees. After all, you were ostensibly smart enough to attend Wake Forest.

Doral will be fine, regardless of his draft status. He will have a degree to fall back on.

If Doral took some summer school classes the past 3 years he good be pretty close to graduating!

Love how so many of you are assuming Doral is sum simple-minded dumbass who doesn't value education or appreciate WFU. If he was smart enough and worked hard enough to get to this point, why couldnt he be on the verge of graduating? And who the hell are you people to say he’s making a bad decision when you dont know everything he knows about his own damn situation??

Sick of this holier than thou, I know better than “negative” (ahem its called fucking realism) fan lot who think the more pragmatic assessment of things equates to enjoying this never-ending sink hole descent of a once storied program. Let it play out and then judge if you must. But aside from the immediacy of Doral’s decision maybe a few of you ought start seeing the damn forest thru the trees. After all, you were ostensibly smart enough to attend Wake Forest.

Doral will be fine, regardless of his draft status. He will have a degree to fall back on.

I actually have it from a very good source that he never cared much about education/classes and always saw himself as a professional ball player. That’s not an insult so not sure why you’re getting your panties in a wad. Tons of players enter college ball with the idea they’re basketball players first and students second, that’s the nature of the NCAA now. Again, it is not some sort of insult or “holier than thou” BS as you’re trying to make it out to be. Relax.

I actually have it from a very good source that he never cared much about education/classes and always saw himself as a professional ball player. That’s not an insult so not sure why you’re getting your panties in a wad. Tons of players enter college ball with the idea they’re basketball players first and students second, that’s the nature of the NCAA now. Again, it is not some sort of insult or “holier than thou” BS as you’re trying to make it out to be. Relax.

1870acef1b0bd224d23d599098753a46fa8cad509a9b216a47598116698fa016.jpg

The Ron Wellman spin machine just never ends does it?

He doesn't like something. And it appears a number of teammates feel the same.

This certainly seems to be true, even if it is inconvenient. The second and third leading scorers left the team prior to their final season of eligibility. Two rising juniors have transferred. Another rising junior was dismissed. Events of this nature don't occur unless there are significant internal problems. Reasons and excuses are insufficient to mask the problem.

y'all know that - to a 21 year old - being a student-athlete at an honest and not-super-successful institution like Wake can be a terrible experience, right? balancing top-20whatever academic work and athletic commitments leaves precious little time for all the fun time we all got to have getting drunk and acting foolish as hell. just from what i've heard: early morning practices, required tutoring and study hall sessions, drug testing, required community involvement, media obligations ... some of these kids don't have the character of a student body president and immediately cramming them into that mold the week they step foot on campus can produce some crazy dissonance.

unless they're dead set on getting a degree, I'd imagine a 21-year-old is going to bolt for a pro offer ASAP.

Hahaha Im perfectly relaxed, sleepy even. Im not the one judging him like sum of y’all, but it’s okay cuz we’re just a factory for aspiring pro ball players now, apparently. So what does it even matter? But if your source is right, then maybe he’s doing what’s right for him. He can always transfer his credits to another school later.

Either way Danny’s not doing the job right. Either he’s screwing Doral with bad advice (or worse, demoralizing his players with too many contradictory or questionable decisions), or he’s screwing over the program by having to rely too heavily on continuous backfilling of spots with mediocre transfers and ill-fated recruitment of non-ACC caliber players.

some football players i tutored back in the Fall told me they didn't want to go to the Belk Bowl because it meant they wouldn't get to spend Christmas with their family. Didn't believe those two, until one of them called out to a kid walking by, asked him if that was a prevailing attitude, and the dude confirmed.

Wake demands a lot from its student-athletes and I just don't think it's insane for a kid who is required to attend "detention" for an hour after games if they are a few minutes late to tutoring to want to get the hell out, especially when they look around and see everyone else living the best four years of their lives.

y'all know that - to a 21 year old - being a student-athlete at an honest and not-super-successful institution like Wake can be a terrible experience, right? balancing top-20whatever academic work and athletic commitments leaves precious little time for all the fun time we all got to have getting drunk and acting foolish as hell. just from what i've heard: early morning practices, required tutoring and study hall sessions, drug testing, required community involvement, media obligations ... some of these kids don't have the character of a student body president and immediately cramming them into that mold the week they step foot on campus can produce some crazy dissonance.

unless they're dead set on getting a degree, I'd imagine a 21-year-old is going to bolt for a pro offer ASAP.

This. It’s really not that crazy.

It wasn’t a surprise that he decided to test the waters (he’s a junior) and, while not what I would have done as a college junior, it makes sense that he would keep his name in if he doesn’t want to come back. Also, it’s not like he’s an elite NBA prospect with another year of college under his belt.

He’s probably pretty close to graduating and even $35k - which is basically the basement for him - is a lot more than most of my friends and I made our first year out of college. A lot of y’all were in law school, med school, etc. piling up debt into your mid-to-late 20s.

I just don’t understand how this move is so offensive to some.

He's probably a few classes away from graduating, too. Stupid, MORONIC Doral for wanting to go get paid when he can come back anytime in the future to finish his degree.

Have heard a lot of comments about him not being around this semester, which means he has only completed 2 1/2 years plus potentially some classes in the summers. Might be optimistic to think that he is all that close to graduating. Also difficult as a student athlete to take full load. Wish Doral the best.

Hahaha Im perfectly relaxed, sleepy even. Im not the one judging him like sum of y’all, but it’s okay cuz we’re just a factory for aspiring pro ball players now, apparently. So what does it even matter? But if your source is right, then maybe he’s doing what’s right for him. He can always transfer his credits to another school later.

Either way Danny’s not doing the job right. Either he’s screwing Doral with bad advice (or worse, demoralizing his players with too many contradictory or questionable decisions), or he’s screwing over the program by having to rely too heavily on continuous backfilling of spots with mediocre transfers and ill-fated recruitment of non-ACC caliber players.

I’m not disagreeing with your post. I am not insulting Doral for the decision. I personally disagree with it, but my opinion doesn’t matter. All I said is that he values basketball much more than education, which is not abnormal for NCAA athletes nowadays. Never insulted anyone or judged him.

I’m not disagreeing with your post. I am not insulting Doral for the decision. I personally disagree with it, but my opinion doesn’t matter. All I said is that he values basketball much more than education, which is not abnormal for NCAA athletes nowadays. Never insulted anyone or judged him.

Actually, take that back. I did say he might keel over on the court with the current pace of the nba but that was a joke so I don’t feel bad.

Lets not pretend 35k is a lot of money. You can make that delivering pizzas (or so it said on my papa johns box). That will qualify you for Medicaid if you have a family. Lots of non-athletes think college is hard and can’t wait to get out—than they get smacked by the real world. I think the “offense” people have is the apparent lack of perspective.

This certainly seems to be true, even if it is inconvenient. The second and third leading scorers left the team prior to their final season of eligibility. Two rising juniors have transferred. Another rising junior was dismissed. Events of this nature don't occur unless there are significant internal problems. Reasons and excuses are insufficient to mask the problem.

sad but true

College basketball is worthless. We have teams supposedly under the same rules participating in de facto three different systems. Its a joke.

Back