• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

I feel sorry for Doral. This decision will have long-term implications and he just isn't ready. Take some pride in yourself and get your degree, and wake up to what another year of coaching and conditioning can do for you. This just comes across as extremely lazy.

Again, without having limitations on practice time and classroom obligations, players are able to focus far more on conditioning and their game than if they were to stay in college.

The whole "stay in college and learn about your game for another year" over going pro where literally your life is 100% basketball is one of the worst arguments that pops up every single year.

In defense of Manning’s comments, he’s talking to potential transfers, not trying to ease our concerns.

Obviously. Easing any rational person's concerns would include winning games and showing post-season success. After four years floundering around on the sidelines without a damn clue as to what he's doing, you would think that would somehow start to occur if only by chance. I predict we finish 13th next year.

Again, without having limitations on practice time and classroom obligations, players are able to focus far more on conditioning and their game than if they were to stay in college.

The whole "stay in college and learn about your game for another year" over going pro where literally your life is 100% basketball is one of the worst arguments that pops up every single year.

And leaving college without your degree and 'going pro" when you have zero chance of being drafted is one of the dumbest decisions possible.

Only a lazy person would make that choice...

after reading a bunch of fellow Deacs calling Doral dumb and lazy for pursuing his dreams, I feel like I need a shower

of course, I'll be sure to use @DoveMensCare

And leaving college without your degree and 'going pro" when you have zero chance of being drafted is one of the dumbest decisions possible.

1) why did you use ' and " around 'going pro"
2) why use quotes at all

This board is too good sometimes....

Poster: "Manning is a lazy, uninspired, talentless idiot of a coach"
Boards: "Yeah!!!, EXACTLY!"

Poster: "Doral Moore deciding not to finish his degree is dumb and lazy"
Boards: "I need a bath"

Need a little more consistency here....

This board is too good sometimes....

Poster: "Manning is a lazy, uninspired, talentless idiot of a coach"
Boards: "Yeah!!!, EXACTLY!"

Poster: "Doral Moore deciding not to finish his degree is dumb and lazy"
Boards: "I need a bath"

Need a little more consistency here....

You seem to be referring to my post

I don't believe I've ever called Manning lazy, uninspired, talentless, or an idiot; nor have I explicitly agreed with such assertions
He is however a 50+ year old grown up making 7 figures and it's ok to cast a light on his decisions and their impact

Doral, on the other hand, is 21 years old

I don't believe those two public figures need to be treated "consistently" (and again, I haven't run around calling Manning names anyway)...

This board needs either a staff psychologist, psychiatrist, or a Tony Robbins/Dale Carnegie type. Lord knows we have enough Don Rickles applicants

1) why did you use ' and " around 'going pro"
2) why use quotes at all

Because I don't think he is good enough to be paid for playing basketball. A Wake degree is worth more over the longer term than playing in Timbuktu for a few years, if that.

You seem to be referring to my post

I don't believe I've ever called Manning lazy, uninspired, talentless, or an idiot; nor have I explicitly agreed with such assertions
He is however a 50+ year old grown up making 7 figures and it's ok to cast a light on his decisions and their impact

Doral, on the other hand, is 21 years old

I don't believe those two public figures need to be treated "consistently" (and again, I haven't run around calling Manning names anyway)...

Yep, I agree with everything you said.

As far as Doral goes, we have no idea what, if any, feedback he has gotten from European / Asian teams. I think we all recognize that he probably isn’t going to be drafted but that is unlikely to change so if he wants to play professional basketball, is getting positive signals from someone, and is relatively close to getting his degree / is planning to work towards it on a part time basis, I think it makes perfect sense to go now in order to get an extra year of being a pro.

I selfishly wanted CP3 to stay, Teague to stay, Aminou, JC, Doral, & Craw to all stay regardless of projections (only Timmy listened to me). I wish Doral all the best and loved seeing his improvement over the last three seasons.

Is this a mistake? Time will tell, and I am rooting that I am wrong like I was w/the other guys, but another year in college IMO would have only helped his pro stock. We may just be internet posters but w/this class of big men combined his current skill level, strength, and conditioning I fear he is facing a tough road. Hopefully, those that have his back will be there for him throughout the journey and help him succeed.

Doral will play professional basketball next year and make pretty good money doing so.

He may not get drafted, but it wouldn't be outrageous to see a team take a later flyer on him in the end of the second round.

I agree he has a lot of work to do, however, I think he's equally if not better suited to do so not at Wake. Leaving Wake without a degree isn't the end of the world he can always come back if basketball doesn't work out.

Not surprising to see people looking down on Doral though on here at all.

Some of you really don't understand the money available in the European market. I coached a kid that ended up as a walk-on at App as a tweener 3/4. He makes 85k a year in a secondary German league, and has made around that for 5 years now. I play industrial league with a guy that was the 3rd best player on a d3 guilford team. He bounced around Europe for over a decade and never made less than 45 thou. If he chooses the overseas route, Doral will be fine financially, barring injury, for the foreseeable future, and can finish his degree later.

A post isn't bad just because you disagree with it. I hope I'm wrong, but we're going to be fucking miserable next year.

That’s fair.

Looking back, I think I was just triggered by the comparison to Pitt... There is no way we go 0-18 in the ACC next season.

And I don’t think Doral is leaving because our team sucked and might suck again. He broke out this last season on a shitty team... He wouldn’t have even had the option to turn pro if he hadn’t shown himself to be a good player. Didn’t hurt his draft stock then, why would it next year?

Back