• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

pheelings

While wake sucking at basketball turns some of you into negative maniacs it just makes me sad.

well maybe we should stop sucking

Good point.

Some fair points, although a little harsh to say any person's contributions could be easily replaced. I totally disagree with virtually everything that RChil and CharlotteDeac say, but listen to it any way. It provides perspective even if I don't necessarily enjoy reading it.

In any event, winning solves a lot of problems. Anyone posting here supports Wake more than your average fan does, and I'll readily admit I forget that at times. And if recently I've been doom and gloom (I also readily admit that, but historically that's not been the case) it's pretty simple. It pisses me off that we have fallen so far from where we were (and where we probably should be) and the people responsible for making decisions haven't shown any proof or initiative in wanting to change that. Looking back, it's inconceivable that our AD hired a head coach that only had two years of experience in that position. He doubled down after the failed Bzz experiment and hired an unproven head coach prior to Bzz. The BOT, Hatch, the major donors, etc...should have stepped in and stepped up after botched hire #2. Instead, nearly five seasons later into what seems like another failed experiment, it's business as usual. IMHO, a lot can be forgiven save for maybe inaction. RW has clearly made a lot of mistakes, but there's comes a point where we collectively have to demand better. And the facts aren't doom and gloom. The facts are that we are in a really bad place with our flagship sports program. Whether we like it or not, that is a fact. Some people are willing to accept that and shrug it off with 'we get it...we suck' and some people are understandably upset and bitch and moan about it. I'm not sure which one is worse to be honest.

Haha, perhaps slightly harsh, but I can't remember reading a post from knowell or racer in the last six months that wasn't either complaining about how much we suck or making fun of someone else for hoping we won't suck.

And yes, I agree with the last bit. I don't have anyone on ignore, and I read almost every single post and weigh it fairly. I do admit to skipping some long RJ and RChill posts every now and then.

The best point you make here, in my opinion, and one that I've pointed to a number of times over the years, is your bit about inaction. A number of years ago I made a long post about that quality of wellman's management style. He has always been very, very cautious and slow to react with dismissal, even when it is very merited. That's what made the Dino thing so out of character.

People should probably consider laying off Doral, especially calling him "stupid" or "lazy." So maybe he made a bad decision, or he wants "it" so bad that he is willing to believe some really low probability outcomes are probable, give him a fucking break. Plenty of people make bad decisions between the ages of 18 and 25 and things turn out alright for them in the long run, and others make great decisions at that age and end up miserable and lonely 20 years later. If basketball doesn't work out, he can get a degree and it doesn't have to be at Wake to be a valuable degree. Call him stupid and lazy is really distasteful, that applies to Manning too.

The thing to look for will be does he work out for the Sixers. If he does maybe they take him with the 60th pick.

Future member of the Delaware 87's!

At least he would be playing in an arena that is the "proper size."

Last edited:
bird, there's a huge difference for the other 99+% of us. We can fuck up in our 20s and easily recover. In pro sports, your window is your 20s. You can't come and fix a bad decision in 30s or 40s.

I wish him luck, but he is making a terrible decision.

His only way out could be that he plans to sign with an agent but hasn't yet.

bird, there's a huge difference for the other 99+% of us. We can fuck up in our 20s and easily recover. In pro sports, your window is your 20s. You can't come and fix a bad decision in 30s or 40s.

Sure, but a career in pro-sports isn't the only career option for Doral, even though he is a tall, athletic, black man.

in his eyes, by leaving now his window of his 20's will now include 9 years of getting paid vs. 8, and on this point, he's not wrong

Ty Walker has somehow managed to put together a professional basketball career since leaving wake 6 years ago, and he maxed out at 4.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in his senior year. Double double Doral will probably find his way for a few years in some pro leagues on one continent or another. I really am not sure whether another year a Wake would have dramatically changed that prospect. I wish he would have stayed and I am certain he would have improved his game but I am not sure another yer would have changed his pro career trajectory. I do know that calling him stupid or lazy is shitty.

Yeah. He clearly put in the work last year to become a better player. Doral saw Collins put in work and become the future star of his hometown NBA team. I think that was a "get busy living" moment for Doral. The problem is he doesn't have realistic team goals to live for at Wake.

While wake sucking at basketball turns some of you into negative maniacs it just makes me sad.

Good point.

Haha, perhaps slightly harsh, but I can't remember reading a post from knowell or racer in the last six months that wasn't either complaining about how much we suck or making fun of someone else for hoping we won't suck.

And yes, I agree with the last bit. I don't have anyone on ignore, and I read almost every single post and weigh it fairly. I do admit to skipping some long RJ and RChill posts every now and then.

The best point you make here, in my opinion, and one that I've pointed to a number of times over the years, is your bit about inaction. A number of years ago I made a long post about that quality of wellman's management style. He has always been very, very cautious and slow to react with dismissal, even when it is very merited. That's what made the Dino thing so out of character.

Let's say for the sake of argument that you are right. I have been too pessimistic.

What would be the best area to show that positivity?

Winning record?
Program building?
Player retention?
Potential improvement next year?

You must be a better fan since you are able to show contentment with no evidence of improvement on the way.

One day, I too, may become reach your level of contentment. Getting closer every day.

All is well. Heavens yes.

Back