• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

At first blush, this struck me as a terrible idea. But if he’s going to end up at the G League level regardless of whether he comes back, it is at least defensible to get the process started now.

Let's say for the sake of argument that you are right. I have been too pessimistic.

What would be the best area to show that positivity?

Winning record?
Program building?
Player retention?
Potential improvement next year?

You must be a better fan since you are able to show contentment with no evidence of improvement on the way.

One day, I too, may become reach your level of contentment. Getting closer every day.

All is well. Heavens yes.
I never said I was content. Nor did I make any judgements about how good or bad a fan someone is. People can express their fanship in a variety of ways.

Rather, I said you posted like a miserable person and your miserable posts make other people miserable. That's all.

I never said I was content. Nor did I make any judgements about how good or bad a fan someone is. People can express their fanship in a variety of ways.

Rather, I said you posted like a miserable person and your miserable posts make other people miserable. That's all.

In other words, you don't judge "fans". You just judge "people" on the Interwebs. Got it!

incredulous.gif

I think many on here need to take the summer off and regroup for football season.

In the same way [Redacted] broke DC, Manning is breaking wrangor.

This board is breaking me. It has nothing to do with Manning. If we suck this year Manning will be fired and life will go on. Manning is different than [Redacted]. He has moved the program forward regardless of the length of his tenure. I would like to see hi. Succeed because he has put in the work on the recruiting trail to be successful , but if he isn’t I’m not worried about it.

I am ‘broken’ by the broken record of so many on this board that seem to have so much invested in their projected demise our program that they can’t appreciate or even hope for any success. That’s very annoying. I guess I just dont get how people can work so hard to make themselves miserable. I guess they blame Manning, but it is most definitely a ‘you’ Problem and not a Manning Problem.

First off, how is he going to be a PE teacher without a degree? Secondly, so being a PE and coach to you is somehow not a worthwhile life? Third, Fuck you, you elitist prick. Was that too harsh?

Anyone can be a PE teacher. I don’t think that is what someone with a Wake Forest degree should strive for. If that is elitist, then that is a shoe I will wear.

I said he won’t finish at Wake, I am sure he could finish at a number of schools with no problem. Duke players get half their degree from a school at which I am sure he could complete his education and get his teaching cert.

PE teachers, taxi drivers, construction workers, etc... don’t define the person any more than being a lawyer makes you a winner in life. But it doesn’t mean that we should obtain a $250,000 education to go serve burgers at McDonald’s. The social ladder exists, and every step taken Up is one less step your children have to take. My great grandparents immigrated, my grandparents worked in factories, my parents went to college, and they were able to help send me to wake. I will hopefully be able to afford to send my kids to receive a great education and provide them with opportunities I never had.

If someone wants to be a PE teacher they shouldn’t waste their time or money at Wake. That was my point regarding Doral.

I felt bad for a couple of days for saying fuck you to a complete stranger on a message board. Then you posted this. Now I don't feel bad about it anymore. Thanks, big guy.

Anyone can be a PE teacher. I don’t think that is what someone with a Wake Forest degree should strive for. If that is elitist, then that is a shoe I will wear.

I said he won’t finish at Wake, I am sure he could finish at a number of schools with no problem. Duke players get half their degree from a school at which I am sure he could complete his education and get his teaching cert.

PE teachers, taxi drivers, construction workers, etc... don’t define the person any more than being a lawyer makes you a winner in life. But it doesn’t mean that we should obtain a $250,000 education to go serve burgers at McDonald’s. The social ladder exists, and every step taken Up is one less step your children have to take. My great grandparents immigrated, my grandparents worked in factories, my parents went to college, and they were able to help send me to wake. I will hopefully be able to afford to send my kids to receive a great education and provide them with opportunities I never had.

If someone wants to be a PE teacher they shouldn’t waste their time or money at Wake. That was my point regarding Doral.

Dude. What are you talking about? You need a college degree to be a PE teacher. Unless Mississippi is more backwoods than I thought. Also, not saying it’s brain surgery, but PE teachers also usually teach health or other classes and coach sports at their school. I have a couple of friends who are PE teachers (both have their masters degree, by the way) and they find their jobs really fulfilling.

People are dumb. Wrangor is right here. If you want to be a PE teacher, that is awesome. PE teachers rule. But it would not be wise to spend $300,000 on an education if the goal is to be a PE teacher. It just does not make financial sense.

Wrangor is not saying that PE teachers are worse off than anyone else. He is just saying they don’t make as much money. That is a fact. Not arguable. Most PE teachers do not spend a fortune to become a PE teacher.

People are so fussy. Especially on this board.

Dude. What are you talking about? You need a college degree to be a PE teacher. Unless Mississippi is more backwoods than I thought. Also, not saying it’s brain surgery, but PE teachers also usually teach health or other classes and coach sports at their school. I have a couple of friends who are PE teachers (both have their masters degree, by the way) and they find their jobs really fulfilling.

I wasn't intending to denegrate PE teachers, and for that I apologize for any slight. My point is simply that Doral had an opportunity to broaden his life opportunities, and instead he has narrowed them. Instead of using his basketball skills to advance his education, he is going to be used by the game of basketball. For that I am also sorry. One of my former players actually just graduated from Wake Law. Kid was a great high school player, mediocre college player (hope he isn't reading this :) ), but he knew his priorities. He is now going to have a long a beneficial career in law, and it is because he used his basketball scholarship to advance his life.

My prediction (which could most definitely be wrong), is that Doral will look back with regret on this decision. I have made the point enough, I am not going to belabor the point anymore, but I did want to take this last post on the thread to apologize for the slight of PE teachers. That was not my intention, but when re-reading, that is exactly what I accomplished. When you have opportunities to broaden your opportunities you need to take them. A Wake Forest Degree is one of those opportunities.

People are dumb. Wrangor is right here. If you want to be a PE teacher, that is awesome. PE teachers rule. But it would not be wise to spend $300,000 on an education if the goal is to be a PE teacher. It just does not make financial sense.

Wrangor is not saying that PE teachers are worse off than anyone else. He is just saying they don’t make as much money. That is a fact. Not arguable. Most PE teachers do not spend a fortune to become a PE teacher.

People are so fussy. Especially on this board.

Ok. And Doral Moore has so far paid $0 for his education. So, what’s the point?

What if Moore’s long term goal was to become a PE teacher but he just happened to earn a scholarship to play ball at Wake?

What if Moore’s long term goal was to become a PE teacher but he just happened to earn a scholarship to play ball at Wake?

May or may not use a wake degree to be a teacher, but you definitely don’t need an agent to be a PE teacher.

This board is breaking me. It has nothing to do with Manning. If we suck this year Manning will be fired and life will go on. Manning is different than [Redacted]. He has moved the program forward regardless of the length of his tenure. I would like to see hi. Succeed because he has put in the work on the recruiting trail to be successful , but if he isn’t I’m not worried about it.

I am ‘broken’ by the broken record of so many on this board that seem to have so much invested in their projected demise our program that they can’t appreciate or even hope for any success. That’s very annoying. I guess I just dont get how people can work so hard to make themselves miserable. I guess they blame Manning, but it is most definitely a ‘you’ Problem and not a Manning Problem.

lol

Maybe you should just let fans, especially those with considerable evidence on their side, think what they think, and not let it bother or annoy you. Because if this board’s feelings about Manning are breaking you, that sounds like a you problem.

Wrangor has forgotten more about college basketball than most of us will ever know. It would be unwise to drive him off the boards.

We lost with Moore and we will lose without him, perhaps a few more than if he had stayed. Doral probably not a motivated student or he would have continued going to class. (in my day, we had Bob Grant who quit attending class after the Colts drafted him in the 2nd round. Had a brief NFL career.) Moore will get paid next year. Most importantly, he needs to find a place were he can get significant minutes; otherwise he is wasting his time. Sitting on the bench will not improve Moore's lot.

No one is invested in Wake basketball failing. Quite the opposite. Those of us who have soured on Manning would love to be proven wrong (speaking for myself anyway). We do not think Manning has shown the abilities required for the job. It is not a slight on the man. Very few coaches have the required abilities to succeed at ACC level basketball. In many ways it is a higher level of coaching than NBA coaching.

Those who succeed at this level seem to follow a certain path. The NBA is not usually part of that path. It tends towards really bright, ambitious, former players that love basketball but realize early on that they have a ceiling.

By all appearances Manning is a great guy who might be a good NBA coach and most certainly would be an excellent assistant coach. As much as I despise BZ and what he did to Wake, he evidently has some skills that translate to coaching on some level as well. There are very few that have all of the tools required to thrive as a great college coach. Wake needs to find that guy.

You state with certainty that this coming year is a make or break year. If I were certain of that, I could probably just shut up and enjoy the ride. I have no such certainty. Wellman will do as he damn well pleases and another decade of just below mediocrity is not out of the question.

Wrangor has forgotten more about college basketball than most of us will ever know. It would be unwise to drive him off the boards.

correct but his background means he always errs on the side of the coaches

We lost with Moore and we will lose without him, perhaps a few more than if he had stayed Really, without the guy who averaged a double double... Doral probably not a motivated student or he would have continued going to class. (in my day, we had Bob Grant who quit attending class after the Colts drafted him in the 2nd round. Doral won't be drafted. Had a brief NFL career.) Moore will get paid next year. In what league? Most importantly, he needs to find a place were he can get significant minutes I can't think of a better place to get minutes as a big man than on WFU's roster; otherwise he is wasting his time. Sitting on the bench will not improve Moore's lot. Agreed, sitting on the bench Slovakia's C-League will not do wonder for him.

Just a horrible post on so many levels.

On a side note:

I feel it's relatively safe to say that most of the folks I know in the teaching profession (whatever the field of study) didn't make money the top priority in choosing that profession.

My degree from Wake, while potentially more remunerative than in the teaching profession, served me, the students, and our community exceedingly well for 25 years.

Some things simply don't have a dollar value. Those that teach know what I'm talking about in this particular regard.

Back