• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

I felt bad for a couple of days for saying fuck you to a complete stranger on a message board. Then you posted this. Now I don't feel bad about it anymore. Thanks, big guy.
People are triggered by that, but he is spot on point. If you spend 300,000 to be a PE teacher you made a bad call. If you want to do that fine we need ditch diggers, go to western not wake.

People are triggered by that, but he is spot on point. If you spend 300,000 to be a PE teacher you made a bad call. If you want to do that fine we need ditch diggers, go to western not wake.

But Doral hasn’t spent $300K.

I would imagine that most anyone who goes to Wake to become a PE teacher must have a bunch of family money and wouldn’t be phased by the debt that comes with it. It would take over a decade to pay off those student loans if you graduated Wake to become a PE teacher. It just makes zero sense to bury yourself on student loans to make what, $45k a year?

But Doral hasn’t spent $300K.

Yeah I’m his case it’s fine, he won’t get there though because he will never eat a degree from wake. Doral is one year away from getting a free degree 95% of the worlds population would kill for, and tossing it away. Pretty crazy.

This board is breaking me. It has nothing to do with Manning. If we suck this year Manning will be fired and life will go on. Manning is different than [Redacted]. He has moved the program forward regardless of the length of his tenure. I would like to see hi. Succeed because he has put in the work on the recruiting trail to be successful , but if he isn’t I’m not worried about it.

I am ‘broken’ by the broken record of so many on this board that seem to have so much invested in their projected demise our program that they can’t appreciate or even hope for any success. That’s very annoying. I guess I just dont get how people can work so hard to make themselves miserable. I guess they blame Manning, but it is most definitely a ‘you’ Problem and not a Manning Problem.

Thank you !!!!!

Maybe you should just let fans, especially those with considerable evidence on their side, think what they think, and not let it bother or annoy you. Because if this board’s feelings about Manning are breaking you, that sounds like a you problem.

Perhaps. I might be so out of step with the average Wake fan that it isn't in my interest to be engaged in this community. I don't think that to be the case, but I am visiting here more out of habit than enjoyment. I like talking Wake hoops, football, and any other sundry of Wake related activities. This board has always had an edge, but one that had some perspective, and that doesn't seem to be the case any more for a lot of the posters. You are right though, that isn't the boards fault, that is how 'they' feel - I just might be out of touch with that group of fans. If they heartbeat of the Wake Forest fanbase is the bitter pill that most have swallowed here, then I am most definitely on the outside looking in. I have great hope for the future, and that future can come with or without Manning at the helm. Because of the work he has put in, I choose to cheer for Manning to succeed. I think he has worked very hard for WFU, and I can see a huge difference in program from where we are now, and where we were 4 years ago. There are certainly concerns, and some just unexplained phenomenons like Doral Moore leaving as a junior to go play in Europe, but in large part Manning has elevated the program. He may not be a long term fix, but he sure was a good short term on in my opinion.

Back on topic....I hope that Doral has a long and lucrative career playing basketball, and that when he is done he comes back to Wake, finishes his degree and has a great second career doing whatever it is that he wants to do for the next 40 years of his life.

Now I feel bad again. Fuck you formally retracted, good sir, with my apologies.

Perhaps. I might be so out of step with the average Wake fan that it isn't in my interest to be engaged in this community. I don't think that to be the case, but I am visiting here more out of habit than enjoyment. I like talking Wake hoops, football, and any other sundry of Wake related activities. This board has always had an edge, but one that had some perspective, and that doesn't seem to be the case any more for a lot of the posters. You are right though, that isn't the boards fault, that is how 'they' feel - I just might be out of touch with that group of fans. If they heartbeat of the Wake Forest fanbase is the bitter pill that most have swallowed here, then I am most definitely on the outside looking in. I have great hope for the future, and that future can come with or without Manning at the helm. Because of the work he has put in, I choose to cheer for Manning to succeed. I think he has worked very hard for WFU, and I can see a huge difference in program from where we are now, and where we were 4 years ago. There are certainly concerns, and some just unexplained phenomenons like Doral Moore leaving as a junior to go play in Europe, but in large part Manning has elevated the program. He may not be a long term fix, but he sure was a good short term on in my opinion.

Back on topic....I hope that Doral has a long and lucrative career playing basketball, and that when he is done he comes back to Wake, finishes his degree and has a great second career doing whatever it is that he wants to do for the next 40 years of his life.

Well said.

We all want Manning to succeed at Wake. Many of us just look at his career and we don’t think he will.

Ph is right. The reason the fanbase is down on Manning is because we have generally been terrible.

It's such a strange argument that the fan base should not be negative about our future under Manning given the results of the last four years. I'm positive on Wake. We're a proper hire away from great things.

Manning is better than Bz. Manning seems like a nice guy and I like him as a person. I don't think he's the answer as our head coach and we need to move on.

We are going into year five with the program in as bad or worse shape than it was when Manning got here. It is not that we don't want him to succeed, it's that he was given the opportunity to succeed and failed.

Here is the reality of the situation, we are returning 5 or more likely 4 scholarship players from a team that couldn't win 3 ACC games last season. That is not good regardless of how you want to spin it. Our chances of making the NCAA tournament next year are slim to none. Letting Manning coach year five is kicking the can down the road and delaying our opportunity to rebuild for another year.

Well said. And even worse than that, we have some young talent that we're going to waste with a coach we know isn't up to the job.

I don’t know how being down on a guy who has lost 19 or more games 3 out of 4 seasons is lacking perspective. Sure, he is working hard, only DR says otherwise (and plenty of people have called him out for it), but so far all that hard work has added up to are the afternentioned three bad seasons, one ok season, and dim prospects for the fifth.

I used to be of the mind that Manning was at least not setting the program back so we should keep him another year so we would have a stronger pool of candidates. As early departures have begun to reach [name redacted]an levels, it is harder to make that argument. Between the [name redacted] disaster and Wellman�s culture war talking points, a false narrative that it is very difficult to win at Wake has formed. Unfortunately, Manning�s tenure has become exhibit 3, and year 5 looks like it will only strengthen the narrative. Odom and Prosser proved coach�s with strong (but not knockout) resumes could win at Wake, but there is a legitimate concern that Wellman�s three consecutive hires of coaches with either too short or just outright bad resumes have undone that.

We are going into year five with the program in as bad or worse shape than it was when Manning got here. It is not that we don't want him to succeed, it's that he was given the opportunity to succeed and failed.

Here is the reality of the situation, we are returning 5 or more likely 4 scholarship players from a team that couldn't win 3 ACC games last season. That is not good regardless of how you want to spin it. Our chances of making the NCAA tournament next year are slim to none. Letting Manning coach year five is kicking the can down the road and delaying our opportunity to rebuild for another year.

We are just going to have to disagree on that one...this is the lack of perspective. Fans forgetting just how bad a shape [Redacted] left us in, both with regards to current players, and the recruiting pipeline. We were sunk as a program.

year 4 under Bz we were 17-16 (6-12).
year 4 under Manning we were 11-20 (4-14)

We had a lot of people leave the program after Bzzzz's departure, but that was after Manning took over the program. This year, we have had alot of defection.

Last edited:
The average fan don't give a hoot about perspective, or the continual use of the "we don't know how bad of shape Bz left the program in" excuse. The average fan does care about a program in it's 5th year with the 20 loss seasons and 14th place finishes coming at a never equaled rate, along with players leaving in droves. Makes it real hard for the average fan to see the vast improvement we are continually told that Manning and the boys have achieved.

Back