• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

Moore is not a basketball player. He's tall and large, but he's not a basketball player. He never will be. He is stiff and not athletic and has basically zilch in terms of offensive skills and he's not going to get that either. His lack of athleticism will prevent him from ever being able to defend in the NBA either so that's out too in terms of becoming a defensive stopper that gets minutes. Staying in school was not going to do anything toward his NBA hopes, nor was leaving early. He has a zero percent chance of being an NBA player for any length of time at all. He made a terrible decision.

Crawford is similar in a smaller package. He is also stiff and is not fluid at all. he's not nimble with the ball. As a result he's just not athletic enough to get around defenders and he's not a great passer either - although that's probably his best skill. He's also way far away from being an NBA ready shooter for his size. I don't know where he could find a position to play in the NBA - certainly he would never be starter level.

Tyler Cavanaugh played in the league this year (for the Hawks). If he can play, then Moore can play.

Tyler Cavanaugh played in the league this year (for the Hawks). If he can play, then Moore can play.

Stretch 4’s are in vogue in the NBA. Lumbering centers who can’t shoot or defend really well (particularly the pick and roll) are not

Cavanaugh turned into a great college player much like some of us expected. He has serious offensive skills. Moore brings nothing significant to the table.

Moore is not a basketball player. He's tall and large, but he's not a basketball player. He never will be. He is stiff and not athletic and has basically zilch in terms of offensive skills and he's not going to get that either. His lack of athleticism will prevent him from ever being able to defend in the NBA either so that's out too in terms of becoming a defensive stopper that gets minutes. Staying in school was not going to do anything toward his NBA hopes, nor was leaving early. He has a zero percent chance of being an NBA player for any length of time at all. He made a terrible decision.

Crawford is similar in a smaller package. He is also stiff and is not fluid at all. he's not nimble with the ball. As a result he's just not athletic enough to get around defenders and he's not a great passer either - although that's probably his best skill. He's also way far away from being an NBA ready shooter for his size. I don't know where he could find a position to play in the NBA - certainly he would never be starter level.

Please stop sugar coating and say what you mean :)

Cavanaugh turned into a great college player much like some of us expected. He has serious offensive skills. Moore brings nothing significant to the table.

He didn't turn into a "great college player". He turned into a good college player at a mid-major. I think he would have been better staying, but he did become the player some posted he would.

He didn't turn into a "great college player". He turned into a good college player at a mid-major. I think he would have been better staying, but he did become the player some posted he would.

What is the world coming to? RJ makes a more accurate assessment of player skills than Wrangor.

Careful Wrangor, you could lose your hard earned basketball knowledge cred if you are not more careful.

Philly should probably package some of those #assets and get a top 10 pick. They could use another stud.

Serious question from someone who doesn't follow the NBA much: How much value does the average second round pick have? My impression is that, at that point, the players are fairly interchangeable and somewhat replaceable by a non-draftee.

What is the world coming to? RJ makes a more accurate assessment of player skills than Wrangor.

Careful Wrangor, you could lose your hard earned basketball knowledge cred if you are not more careful.

Thanks for the warning knowell. All this work I have been doing over the years almost went to waste..whew.

You think he would of been better staying with the Buzz? No way man. no way.

Tyler Cavanaugh made it to the NBA and people are arguing that he may have been better off staying at Wake?

Tyler Cavanaugh made it to the NBA and people are arguing that he may have been better off staying at Wake?

We sure as shit would have been better off.

But yeah, I highly doubt he’s second guessing that decision.

Crawford still has his name in the draft as of now, correct?

Crawford still has his name in the draft as of now, correct?

Yes

No reason to ever pull out early.

Let me rephrase that.

Might as well do as many workouts / visits as possible. Maybe some team decides they need you.

I've only seen NBADraft.net which doesn't have either of the early entrants listed in their mock draft. Any other draft sites have our guys listed as getting drafted?

The only one I've seen is at doralmooreballer@blogspot.ru

2aoyd0.jpg

Back