• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

Wow - this really makes no sense. I would imagine there is a 1% chance at best that he gets drafted at all. Europe doesn't seem to be a viable option for a strictly low post 7 footer with stamina issues. Perhaps he is just ready to do the G League thing? Wake has never had a player "turn pro" early that wasn't drafted in the first round (let alone not at all), right?

Dinos, last summer.

Really sucks to be right on this one, but I told y'all he was gone a couple weeks ago.

So as it stands right now, our big man rotation is Sarr, Lorng, and Okeke (I wouldn't consider Hoard as a "big").

“The odds of either (Moore or Wake guard Bryant Crawford) playing in the NBA next season seem low," CBS Sports college basketball columnist and NBA Draft expert said. "So if they’re going into this thinking they’ll be millionaires in a few months, that’s unwise. I hope they realize that. But, that said, sometimes players just want to get on with their professional careers in whatever form — either because they’re ready to earn a paycheck or because they’re tired of school or both. And that’s totally understandable to me.

"So my only advice for any underclassman is always the same — that he simply knows and understands what’s realistic and what isn’t. Don’t trick yourself into thinking you’re going to be in the NBA next season if the G-League is way more likely.

This is great, glad someone wrote it.

Moore was about the only player I thought showed some real improvement. The basketball program is a complete joke right now, well make that for a long while now. If Wellman had any sense he'd can Danny and bring in a young coach that has a proven record of developing talent and winning and let that coach try to rebuild our program. Nothing I've seen out of Manning makes me think he can do that.

This makes me want to stop watching college basketball. If someone like Moore is going pro early, then what’s the point? Seems like we just will never be competitive again.

So as it stands right now, our big man rotation is Sarr, Lorng, and Okeke (I wouldn't consider Hoard as a "big").

On the bright side, there will be an open scholarship for Okeke so we don't have to play a walk-on!

This makes me want to stop watching college basketball. If someone like Moore is going pro early, then what’s the point? Seems like we just will never be competitive again.

With this staff we won’t be competitive.

After the last 8 years, THIS is your final straw? We're a good hire and 2 years away from being a competitive program again.

yeah but therye bumping up g league salary to 35k. how can you turn that down. :(

"no big deal, just checking the waters. why are you all freaking out?"

hahaha

To me this feels like Moore felt it was to late to transfer so he would go on and do something else. Yikes. These are sad days, anyone holding onto the Manning bandwagon now is kidding themselves. It is a bad as it seems.

LOL. What a shitshow. This has reached [name redacted]ian proportions...

The stupidity of our players is surpassed only by the ineptitude of Manning.

Lemme guess, Doral's agent is his cousin?

Back