• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

Clawson and Manning have both had 4 years. Clawson has taken a program that is one of the hardest jobs in the country, that was in horrible shape when he got here, in a sport that generally takes longer to turn around and has gotten us to 2 straight bowl games and won them both, with all signs pointing to the program being on the uptick. Contrast that to Manning, who also took over a program in bad shape and in 4 years has one (kind of) NCAA appearance, has yet to finish above double digits in the league and has the program at best in the same shape as when he got here and arguably in worse shape than when he got here as impossible as that seems.

Clawson and Manning have both had 4 years. Clawson has taken a program that is one of the hardest jobs in the country, that was in horrible shape when he got here, in a sport that generally takes longer to turn around and has gotten us to 2 straight bowl games and won them both, with all signs pointing to the program being on the uptick. Contrast that to Manning, who also took over a program in bad shape and in 4 years has one (kind of) NCAA appearance, has yet to finish above double digits in the league and has the program at best in the same shape as when he got here and arguably in worse shape than when he got here as impossible as that seems.

Yet we're going to give him one more year while the handwriting is on the wall.

What a complete dumbass. He will be washing cars in 12 months. His height will come in handy on SUV's

Wish Doral well; but I cannot help but think that he is getting some horrible advice.

Maybe he just doesn't like school?

Whatever the reasons, if anyone would profit from another year of intense competition it is Doral. He is so far from being ready!

You never know what other people see when they look in the mirror...or, watch themselves on tape.

I’m going to join some book clubs and bible studies to fill-up all the time during the winter when I normally would be watching Wake Forest basketball

The staff wasn't nearly as worried about him jetting. As of now, i would be surprised if he's not back.

Yep Crawford will likely be back but we have a gaping hole in the middle for sure

IMO, Moore is not even close to an NBA player yet and may never be. He had some success in college this season, but it looked to me that was almost all due to his size. He was just a big dude. I don’t see any real offensive skills to speak of that would translate to the nba. He’s actually pretty awkward and lacks natural athleticism, not very aggressive and lacks confidence. Or at least he does on the court. And he’s super slow which means he would get destroyed on defense. He has improved his timing on defense so maybe he can get on a NBA court as a shot-altering defender/rebounder at some point. He’s a space eater, so maybe he gets on the end of some team’s bench for a few years.

But unless I’m missing it completely there’s no way Moore can help an NBA team right now. Absolutely no way. There are tons of big dudes low on skills on college teams.

I am very surprised.

Looks like Sarr will get a lot of time at his natural position.

It’s clearly not good for Wake next season, but I hope Doral has success. It’d be another example of Manning helping to develop a professional big (Collins & Dinos).

Having said all that, I think it’s a terrible decision. He would have benefited from another year at Wake, especially if we won a bunch of games.

If there was anybody who could use another year to develop a game and maybe sniff the second round next year it was Moore. MAYBE if he showed that he could stay on the floor for more than 25 minutes a game and could assert himself on offense somebody would maybe use a 2nd round pick on him, but right now he's just a tall dude that is not worth more than D league roster spot.

And of course this Hoard kid will be 1 and done so add that in....and that has little to do with Manning.

Did I also see that those 2 good guards at BC are off to NBA land too ? That puts BC back to a mess too.

Wake isn't Duke and coach k....all 5 starters gone and yet they re-load with 4 more 1 and gonzo types and it's just over and over again and again. Dunno if even Skip would have/could have adapted to this new order of massive turnover annually.

Hope we play Pitt twice next season....

This is a mistake on his part. It is possible he had some assurances of getting drafted in rd 2 by a team or two, but at some point approaching the draft, he will slide well off the board. He is not even listed as a top 100 player on nbadraft.net.

His challenge is both foot speed and fast twitch reaction speed, as well as some lower body strength

All of that could have been amped up with another year. Couple that with a Wake degree at a reduced course load, and this is a head scratcher for me.'

I sure hope Sarr is staying in Winston this summer. We are going to need an exponential jump from him along the lines of John Collins to be ACC competitive. I do think Sarr has much more NBA potential than Doral and this opportunity while likely bad for Wake is very very positive for Sarr. He is going to get 25-30 minutes. I suppose Sunday and the Loarng (sp?) fella are going to need to play the other 10-15 minutes which scares me to death. As does an injury. Maybe a grad transfer will suddenly take a harder look at us ...

What an awful decision. One of those rare choices that negatively effects everyone involved. Moore damages his career earnings, and Wake loses a legitimate big man that it invested 3 years into.

Moore would have actually had an outside shot of being drafted next year if he put in a great year. He has zero chance of being drafted this year. He is D-League or Turkey bound.

It always baffles me when people make legitimately stupid decisions. One of the reasons I am glad to not be coaching anymore. Having ones livelihood depend on the decision making ability of a 20 year old kid is pretty stressful.

Sucks for us, sucks for him (he just doesn’t realize it yet).

Bad short term decision. Obtaining his degree would be a much more wise choice. is he graduating early? Maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, I wish him well.

Good for Doral. I hope he succeeds. And I also agree that this increases the odds of BC leaving.

Can't wait to see the Manning supporters spin next year's shitshow of a season as 'progress' because we had two players bolt for the league or overseas ball...

Last edited:
SJM
Washington
Mitchell
Keyshawn
Doral

All in the last 2.5 months.

Back