• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

LOLZ. The shitshow continues. More built-in excuses now in place for future failure.

I am very surprised.

Looks like Sarr will get a lot of time at his natural position.

It’s clearly not good for Wake next season, but I hope Doral has success. It’d be another example of Manning helping to develop a professional big (Collins & Dinos).

Having said all that, I think it’s a terrible decision. He would have benefited from another year at Wake, especially if we won a bunch of games.

That's probably exactly why he bolted, because that's not happening. He probably thought his best shot was now. We were going to be terrible whether he came back or not. Now we're going to be Pitt bad.

yp7Q5Xx.png

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...er-yurtseven-transferring-nc-state-georgetown

So here's a 7 foot kid who played right down the effin street and he transfers to Gtown because he thinks Patrick Ewing is the best big-man tutor around. Wonder if our guy inquired.

Of course it must be noted that unlike Manning, Ewing and before him the Thompsons, can bring in any kid with a pulse to play ball at Gtown and it could be that this kid from State has a pulse and not much else on his transcript.

Shocked by this, even if I shouldn't be.

This is such a horrible decision I can't even be mad about it. It sucks for Wake because it's devastating to the team next year. It sucks for Doral because he's not going to get drafted unless the Hawks trade for the 60th pick. And it sucks for Manning and the staff because even if you dislike them, getting Wake to a bid in year 3 after [Redacted] only to watch Collins, Dinos, and Moore all leave a year ahead of schedule is just brutal.

Very curious if this influences Craw to follow suit. Sarr better have one fucking hell of an offseason.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...er-yurtseven-transferring-nc-state-georgetown

So here's a 7 foot kid who played right down the effin street and he transfers to Gtown because he thinks Patrick Ewing is the best big-man tutor around. Wonder if our guy inquired.

Of course it must be noted that unlike Manning, Ewing and before him the Thompsons, can bring in any kid with a pulse to play ball at Gtown and it could be that this kid from State has a pulse and not much else on his transcript.

There's precisely ZERO chance Wake coaches inquired, because there's no way NC State would allow a transfer to another ACC school. Given that, I'm sure Patrick Ewing is an excellent big man coach.

I could see someone taking Doral as a late second round flyer.

I don't know that another year would have changed his draft stock too much but I do think it would have put him higher on the radar going into the 2019 draft.

Agreed...some rando GM will take a flyer on him since NBA rosters have been expanded. Low risk for them, albeit higher for Doral. But chances are he's only a few classes shy of graduating anyway and worse case, he can still get his degree while he gets some development time in the G-league and/or look into some options overseas.

The End is Not the Trophy.

That's probably exactly why he bolted, because that's not happening. He probably thought his best shot was now. We were going to be terrible whether he came back or not. Now we're going to be Pitt bad.

WF won't be good, but WF won't be Pitt bad. They literally lost every starter and almost every bench player from last year's team; after that, their top recruit de-committed and went to Butler. Then, one of the two bench players who did return got hurt and was lost for the season in December. WF would be Pitt bad if Crawford and Chaundee also left the program; then Brandon Childress was injured in December of next year and then, Hoard de-committed. WF is approaching Pitt bad, but not there yet.

I'm not sure at all. He never was the brightest bulb in the box and now at somewhere north of 345 lbs., he can't physically show any kid exactly what to do in the practice gym.

Spoke with Manning for a few minutes late this afternoon about the Moore decision and the makeup of next year's team.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...here-and-the-guys-we-have-coming-in-117432501

“It’s a very talented group. It’ll be a young group, but it’ll be a talented group. It’ll be our job to mold them and help them grow and develop. And we’ll be extremely competitive in the process — that’s the goal.”

What WellMan and Mannequin don't understand is no one here cares about competitive. We want wins, and competitive means nothing to the fan base deprived of wins for a decade.

WF won't be good, but WF won't be Pitt bad. They literally lost every starter and almost every bench player from last year's team; after that, their top recruit de-committed and went to Butler. Then, one of the two bench players who did return got hurt and was lost for the season in December. WF would be Pitt bad if Crawford and Chaundee also left the program; then Brandon Childress was injured in December of next year and then, Hoard de-committed. WF is approaching Pitt bad, but not there yet.

From what I've read Capel is trying his best to keep the guys that announced that they wanted to transfer. I could be wrong but I think that only one of the players has officially said he's gone. So their roster turnover might not be as bad as we thought it was going to be.

From what I've read Capel is trying his best to keep the guys that announced that they wanted to transfer. I could be wrong but I think that only one of the players has officially said he's gone. So their roster turnover might not be as bad as we thought it was going to be.

The bag man making some deliveries.

If Crawford stays (as is being projected by those who thought Doral would leave), it goes to show that no one really knows what the interpersonal dynamics inside the program look like. The common thought would be that Crawford was the knucklehead but was frustrated and just wanted out while Doral recognized Manning's development tutelate and would stick around for that. Instead, Doral goes pro, thanks Manning for the development, and Crawford may stay.

Back