• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

what if he doesn't like being at wake? still a dumb decision?

Crawford will be back. He has a stranglehold on the Center minutes in our new five-guard lineup strategy.

He must not like WF a lot to choose playing for Fort Wayne Mad Ants or the Muratbey Usak Sportif (the popular Usak entry in Turkish Super Ligi) over free room, food, tuition, swag and a stipend at Wake Forest. Hope he proves the world wrong and plays in the NBA next year, but if not, hope he finds what he is looking for in the hard scrabble professional basketball world below the NBA.

Last edited:

For his future? Absolutely. He had other choices.
1) Gut it out another year and work your ass off under a coach that does know something about teaching big men - then he leaves with a degree AND a much improved chance of playing basketball for a living somewhere.
2) Transfer somewhere with a good coach and a system that works for you. Use your sit-out year to your best advantage - getting stronger, developing a 10 foot J and consistent hooks over both shoulders, improve conditioning, etc. Graduate with a degree. Play another year, hopefully showcasing your improvements. Again, now he has a degree AND a better chance of playing for money.

I get it, he's a kid and they are all in a hurry. It is just too bad for him.

28l0x9.jpg

He must not like WF a lot to choose playing for Fort Wayne Mad Ants or the Muratbey Usak Sportif (the popular Usak entry in Turkish Super Ligi) over free room, food, tuition, swag and a stipend at Wake Forest. Hope he proves the world wrong and plays in the NBA next year, but if not, hope he finds what he is looking for in the hard scrabble professional basketball world below the NBA.

right. he must not like wake enough to offset the hard scrabble professional basketball world below the NBA.

Yes, there are lots of jobs in your life that you don't like, that you do because it is a smart career move. I can almost guarantee you that Moore will be in the G-League for about 2 years, then take a gig overseas for about 4-5 years, then call it quits with almost nothing in his bank account. He will then be done with basketball, have no degree, and have nothing to fall back on. It is a predictable, and unfortunately often told, story.

The flip side is that he sucks it up, finishes his degree and his career, now has a network of Wake Forest (and to a certain extent ACC university graduates) that would hire him for a variety of jobs if basketball doesn't work out. Since he has his college degree, they can give him a shot, and they WANT to give him a shot. I am not in the industry that would be able to give a decent job, but if I were in some sort of standard business operation and a guy like Mitchell Wilbekin, or Taron Downey, or any number of guys that played hard, represented themselves and WFU well, and finished their degree, came to me for a job I would be looking for an excuse to hire him. Wouldn't hire a guy who seems to have taken the easy way out, and more importantly is capable of making such a monumental foolish career move.

Why would you think he must not like Wake? Why not the possibility he just doesn't like Manning?

Doral's gonna get drafted. Book it.

It wouldn’t surprise me, to be honest with you. The earlier you keep your name in, the more exposure that you have to teams that’ll be drafting later (and who are playing through the exit date).

For those of y’all who are saying that this is a horrible decision:

1) he started for a team that went 11-20 and doesn’t appear to have much of a shot at being a whole lot better. Basketball should be fun and this year didn’t look fun.

2) if he regresses as a senior (which could happen on a team with even less established guard play), then he’s a year older and has nothing to build on. This might be as good as it gets developmentally for him.

3) he’s likely close to graduating. It won’t be hard to finish his degree.

Dumb, but thne again, I dislike the NBA. And, goodbye Wake Forest basketball it's been great knowing you all these years..:(

This is a bad year to be a marginal pure center. As many as 7-8 centers or combo centers are likely to go in the first round this year.

Back