• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

I am legitimately curious how everyone thinks he is going to get a degree or will be in good academic standing with the university if he hasn’t been back on campus since the season ended. Could he just withdraw from classes, and not get the academic hit? I didn’t think it worked like that.

I didn't say he was in good standing. It would be in both his and Wake's best interest for him to leave in good academic standing. It will be much more difficult for him to finish anywhere if he doesn't leave Wake in good standing academically.

So you flunk out for a semester and Wake welcomes you back with open arms anytime you want to go back?
Every school has a different policy, but there are a number of ways to drop classes and withdraw without academic penalty, especially if he decided to (officially) stop attending classes before a certain date.

Every school has a different policy, but there are a number of ways to drop classes and withdraw without academic penalty, especially if he decided to (officially) stop attending classes before a certain date.

According to the Wake Academic Calendar, February 20 was the last day to drop classes. If he did that, he would have been ineligible for Wake's last three games.

This. The season ended before the midway point in the semester. He definitely could have just withdrawn from classes. I’m guessing he didn’t have a heavy load anyway as a junior athlete in season.

So you flunk out for a semester and Wake welcomes you back with open arms anytime you want to go back?

Likely not. My soph year roommate flunked out. Wake didn't welcome him back, then again he wasn't a 7' bball player.

He did get enrolled at High Point and ultimately graduated there.

I don’t know about Doral’s prospects professionally. I do think he needs to be somewhere he can continue to work on his stamina & strength-continue to transform his body. His foot speed & quickness are not likely to change much, but his ability to run & play with grown men will determine his value professionally. I think he fell back in that area as our season progressed. He started the season showing dramatic improvement in that area. I think he hit a wall late. Hope his agent has set him up with a trainer somewhere.

Very hard to understand that decision. I think he screwed himself and us.

This. The season ended before the midway point in the semester. He definitely could have just withdrawn from classes. I’m guessing he didn’t have a heavy load anyway as a junior athlete in season.

By Doral continuing to be at Wake and then not finishing the semester in good standing [hoping Crawford did], he will hurt our NCAA academic stuff on graduation numbers.

By Doral continuing to be at Wake and then not finishing the semester in good standing [hoping Crawford did], he will hurt our NCAA academic stuff on graduation numbers.

Wake probably gets the double hit. Less than two weeks and counting down for Crawford to withdraw from the draft.

Moore hurts, Crawford would mortally damage our prospects of having a good season. Hopefully Crawford doesn't make the same mistake that Moore made.

There's some chatter about the Hawks trading down with Philly for picks and players... Maybe they get that 60th spot and take Doral...

At #3, who would the Sixers pick? They don't need Bagley, Bomba, Jackson or Porter for what it would cost them. If they could move up to #2 and get Doncic, it would make sense.

Moore is not a basketball player. He's tall and large, but he's not a basketball player. He never will be. He is stiff and not athletic and has basically zilch in terms of offensive skills and he's not going to get that either. His lack of athleticism will prevent him from ever being able to defend in the NBA either so that's out too in terms of becoming a defensive stopper that gets minutes. Staying in school was not going to do anything toward his NBA hopes, nor was leaving early. He has a zero percent chance of being an NBA player for any length of time at all. He made a terrible decision.

Crawford is similar in a smaller package. He is also stiff and is not fluid at all. he's not nimble with the ball. As a result he's just not athletic enough to get around defenders and he's not a great passer either - although that's probably his best skill. He's also way far away from being an NBA ready shooter for his size. I don't know where he could find a position to play in the NBA - certainly he would never be starter level.

Last edited:
There's some chatter about the Hawks trading down with Philly for picks and players... Maybe they get that 60th spot and take Doral...

What does Philly have this year? Some ridiculous number like 6 or 7 total draft picks?

The Hawks have four of the first 34 picks. They should be trading #30 and #34 to move up higher in the 1st.

Moore is not a basketball player. He's tall and large, but he's not a basketball player. He never will be. He is stiff and not athletic and has basically zilch in terms of offensive skills and he's not going to get that either. His lack of athleticism will prevent him from ever being able to defend in the NBA either so that's out too in terms of becoming a defensive stopper that gets minutes. Staying in school was not going to do anything toward his NBA hopes, nor was leaving early. He has a zero percent chance of being an NBA player for any length of time at all. He made a terrible decision.

Crawford is similar in a smaller package. He is also stiff and is not fluid at all. he's not nimble with the ball. As a result he's just not athletic enough to get around defenders and he's not a great passer either - although that's probably his best skill. He's also way far away from being an NBA ready shooter for his size. I don't know where he could find a position to play in the NBA - certainly he would never be starter level.

A little harsh. I think Moore is a long shot (less than 40%) for the NBA but I would not say never. I think back up role player is his ceiling.

I think Crawford is a bit of a long shot as well, but one never knows. He has a good tool set but would need to improve a lot. It happens.

The PG position is too strong for Crawford to make a roster.

Back