• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You know it's bad when butt of our jokes is now a genius

Interesting and very complimentary article.
So......if he can be so successful in the NBA and impress so many top level coaches and players, why didn't he work out at Wake?

Because Chris Paul is no longer here and we don't have James Harden.

As much as I loathe Buzz, I never would have guessed they could hold KAT to:

Gm 1 - 8 points
Gm 2 - 5 points

Incredible.

Bzz was a horrible recruiter and couldn’t communicate. Other than that, he was a decent coach. Better than Manning, who can recruit and is almost as bad at communication. Manning is much worse in the heat of battle- the worst I’ve ever seen in college coaching.

I'd love to time machine some of these defenses of [Redacted] back to 2011. You guys would hate yourselves.

Is it delusion or does time really heal all wounds?

The dude knows basketball. That seems really clear from his NBA career. He just doesn’t know people. That’s a huge problem for a CBB coach. Knowing people is the more important skill in college.

The dude knows basketball. That seems really clear from his NBA career. He just doesn’t know people. That’s a huge problem for a CBB coach. Knowing people is the more important skill in college.

Absolutely godawful communication skills. During Homecoming 2011 I had the opportunity to watch two closed practices. His knowledge and attention to detail were impressive. He can break the game down to the basic elements and develop each element to a finished product. Each segment of practice built on the preceding segment. Yet nothing seemed to get through to the players. The lights were on but nobody was home. When redacted finally became frustrated with a specific defensive drill he told the players they would continue until they all did it correctly. That lasted until the horn blew for the next segment. Coach just talking to hear himself talk. There was no consequence to the players actions. I watched this repeat itself on three more occasions and realized redacted and the basketball team was doomed to failure.

Back