• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deac ACC Champion football player Junior Moore has died

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I just found out he died on April 6th.

He was a DB and returner for our 1970 ACC Championship team.

I think he was All-State in WV in football and bball in spite of barely being 5'10. He was a tough intramural bball player.

I can't remember ever seeing Junior when he wasn't smiling.

He, another football player (who shall remain nameless here) and I used the paper from Cheech and Chong's Big Bambu to roll a humongous joint.

RIP Junior...

Last edited:

I think he was All-State in WV in football and bball in spite of barely being 5'10. He was a tough intramural bball player.

He, another football player (who shall remain nameless here) and I used the paper from Cheech and Chong's Big Bambu to roll a humongous joint.

RIP Junior...

At first, when reading this title I assumed it was about Doral and that he was working on his conditioning for the draft when it happened. Don't know who this is, but its still sad though. Seems he died young.

I read this as Justin Moore the first time and thought "wow. we really are cursed."

RIP Junior...

Heads-up to the family of "another football player": RJ will rat him out just as soon as he takes a permanent dirt nap.

Remember going up to Blacksburg to see the Deacs play VPI in '71 I think after the championship. QB Larry Russell's girlfriend killed in car wreck en route to game. We beat Don Strock (Dan Marino backup for years) VPI QB team and big play was a kick return by Junior Moore. I was 9th grader and rode up there with family of kicker Tracey Lounsbury. Man, that seems so long ago but then almost like yesterday.

Back